Property Damage? Need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$850? You are getting off easy. Give him the full amount (or what he hasn't paid you minus the full amount) and be done with it.

If you took a chunk out of my drive way, I'd want the whole thing replaced. It will never look right, and more likely to get potholes with water between the cracks - even if you cut the section out and repave it. If he is happy with a half-way repair from the company of his choosing, pay it. Who cares if he does it cheaper and keeps a couple of hundred - if $850 is the cost of the job, that is what you should pay in my opinion.

If the driveway is somewhat sketchy and you get the feeling the HO is looking for a way to get a new one (or fence, lighting system etc), take a bunch of before pictures, showing the condition before work started.

Face it, you ****ed up flopping the tree on the driveway. Suck it up buttercup and pay up.

the tree that made the hole did belong to the HO though, that should account for some responsibility (in my book it does)

You ****ed up the driveway .... HE has the choice to have it fixed his way , plain and simple , next time stay off the driveway or tell them that's they need to assume the risk of driveway damage . Anything short of that .... Your wrong , thankfully in 13 years only 2 insurance claims and one I still argue to this day I had nothing to do with

That pretty much sums it up. Going on 29 years in the tree business here and not one insurance claim for damage but you can bet if I ever get one that can't seem to go away with my efforts alone I'm going to file a claim with my ins. carrier.

the tree that made the hole did belong to the HO though, that should account for some responsibility (in my book it does)

Really?!?!?!?! Man, you need to give your head a shake. That's not the way the biz works. You're hired to be a professional and do the job without damage (unless it is inevitable and was discussed with the customer at the estimating stage).

If you're just a craigslist hack, then fill your boots, everything is the customer's fault.

If you cannot resolve it with the HO, involve your insurance company. If you involve your insurance company, insist that you are allowed to accompany inspector. That will be your opportunity to explain that the bar oil marks are not lacerations.
The guy had a used driveway when you damaged it. A whole new driveway would be "embetterment". Cut in a patch, sealcoat to match and the homeowner is better off than before the damage. The lawyer is no different than many homeowners who see this as an opportunity for a whole new driveway at your expense.

F this guy. Call your insurance company and be done with it. Let them take the headaches and maybe they will run this guy ragged before they pay. The world is FULL of douchebags and this guy is one of them. A little dent in his driveway? I assume the rest of his life is perfect too, so perfect that he has time to focus on his driveway that most likely he has never paid attention too ever before? People suck.

F this guy. Call your insurance company and be done with it. Let them take the headaches and maybe they will run this guy ragged before they pay. The world is FULL of douchebags and this guy is one of them. A little dent in his driveway? I assume the rest of his life is perfect too, so perfect that he has time to focus on his driveway that most likely he has never paid attention too ever before? People suck.

Well, yeah, I know...F this guy. Especially a lawyer I suppose. But on his side of it I have a lot of money in my long concrete driveway and am kinda of particular about it. I am also particular about my house. I have a lot of money in this shack and got it paid down to $34,000 after all these years of paying and have tried to keep it as "like new" as possible.

Really?!?!?!?! Man, you need to give your head a shake. That's not the way the biz works. You're hired to be a professional and do the job without damage (unless it is inevitable and was discussed with the customer at the estimating stage).

If you're just a craigslist hack, then fill your boots, everything is the customer's fault.

hook, line, sinker ;)

I'd tell the douche no. The $480. covers the cost of repair.

He's taking advantage of you and will probably use what he can get from you to buy cases of Cheetos!
I like cheetos
I can't fault him since you put it like range that

Learning curve. ...
Next time price in rental of a lift. ... or bringing a trailer load of used tires and some ply wood

Omg... LOL!! Just please tell me you didn't find that on match.com!!!:laugh:

Oh God, yer right! I never thought about but I am sure he is running rampant on there.Pretty much everybody is on them dating sites and apparently are quite successful baggin bitches. Even if I wasn't married I just don't have what it takes to go on those sites.

My one friend was something of an addict and was pulling Christian chicks off the web, said they were EASY. Just a thought if you ever do get lonely... but what with yer chipper and chainsaws I wouldn't think you would ever get lonely.

Back