Property Damage? Need advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have been pretty upset with the patch also . I put in a 24x36 cement pad 6"a thick fiber reinforced and loaded with steal it was a single pour and was cut in 12x12 sections Cost me almost 6 k and a lot of work.Came home the one day and found the ramp off the st cracked and the pad was pushed down and cracked off in the far corner off the st and it tire marks on the cement. Checked the security camera and a triaxle loaded up backed into the drive to turn around . The driver got out and looked at the damage then left. Hour later on the vid I see a pickup pull in and the truck driver and another guy look over the drive and pointing at the damage then left .i was pretty pissed you think they would have left a note or something . Called the number off the side of the pickup a few days later and the denied they where there . Driver to ether business the next morning (a cement company ) and the owner was the guy that came to inspect my driveway with the driver . They insisted they had no trucks in the area . I called the owner a no good liar and left . Called the police and filed a report . The best estimate to repair my driveway to its original condition was 15k to remove the entire pad and ramp and redo it. Went back down to this shady cement co and showed him the video and gave him the estimates . He never apologized but said he would repair my drive himself and that he was only obligated to fix the part he damaged ( now it was one piece ) and tried to tell me that he had the first bid at repairing my drive . I gave up and called my insurance co. The other guys insurance co was at my house the next morning and cut me a check for 16k on the spot and couldn't apologize to me enough after seeing the video and hearing how I was treated . The guys that did the work told me after they finished that they way underbid the job and wanted to know what maniac put all steal in the pad[emoji6] and not long after this mess I heard that cement co was out of business I wasn't too surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are the limits? Everywhere there's a tree, there's that opportunity. If you know the work you can sell it.
I agree with treeseer on this one...we've built nearly our entire business off of pruning. The margins are huge if you know how to price a job.

I have a disclaimer for snowplowing that states," driveways are a wearable item" and something how I am not responsible for ANY driveway damage. Shame I can't use that for tree work.

I agree with treeseer on this one...we've built nearly our entire business off of pruning. The margins are huge if you know how to price a job.

Yeah its profitable there's not dispute there. I've found good pruning clients fit a certain profile that is somewhat uncommon (obviously location dependant). Ive put together some educational material about tree maintenance objectives- I haven't distributed it yet but the aim was to stir up business.

Latest posts

Back