Proud day to be a Dad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJ4wd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As many of you know children can drive us to the breaking point at times. My eldest son Tyler is almost 15, and is trying my penitence on a daily basis. Saturday we were heading out to cut and usually he uses the 009 and sometimes the Jonsered 2036 for the med sized stuff. This time he looks at me and says "I’m going to cut with your big John Deere today dad...ok?" At first I thought are you nuts? Then I said fine, I watched him check the chain, oil, and gas then put on his glasses and earmuffs, and start it up and gave me that, you’re not to watch me the whole time are you look ?
tylerlogjack.jpg

Heres one of me helping him with the log jack

009.jpg

Heres the result of me and my little man 25 min later
Donefortheday650.jpg

Its hard to look at theses pics with out tearing up with a mixture of sadness and pride over how fine of a man hes becoming and how fast its happened.
DAdandTylersettingsun650.jpg

Enjoy 'em while there young ,while you can.

My little guy is 18 months; I was out with the wheelbarrow the other day picking up some garbage from the lawns/gardens. My little guy is running around, watches me pick up the pile of leaves/twigs... reaches down, grabs a tiny little handful of dead grass... then runs over and puts it in the wheelbarrow.

Of course, now that I've got a little one, I see how certain things I do makes my father proud. Nice easter weekend spent down at his farm (6hr drive... we don't get to go much anymore), working on cars.

About time you got him his own helmet/face gaurd... and maybe some chaps too.

My son is turning a year old tomorrow and he loves to watch the 385 run. He sits there with his ear muffs on just a grinnin'. People get a kick out of him at the fairs.

Great pics and good to see a young man out helping his dad...:clap:

Here is one of my favorite pictures of my oldest son...

attachment.php

Great pic Yooper!

My boy is a great kid and he dosent try to upset me its just hes in that Im not dumb stage.
Hes into it now after buying the big Pioneer saw. He wants a headset like mine and chaps to boot.

Great pic Yooper!

My boy is a great kid and he dosent try to upset me its just hes in that Im not dumb stage.
Hes into it now after buying the big Pioneer saw. He wants a headset like mine and chaps to boot.

that was not my photo Thats Outdoorliven247's ....Hell If I had a kid that age again I would have to commit my self to an institution fo a week....again....my kids are you boys age, now I just stay at one full time to keep sane.

Good to see all you guys with your kids out cuttin and working. maybe they won't spend all their time indoors playing video games. Good on ya dads.

You would have been really proud of me last night then...LOL...Went out to a friends to work on Jeeps and his driveway was a sloppy mess...Needless to say the boys rode home in their underware...:)...Had to was clothes out in the sink before I thru them in the washer...Wife wasn't very happy....:confused:

You would have been really proud of me last night then...LOL...Went out to a friends to work on Jeeps and his driveway was a sloppy mess...Needless to say the boys rode home in their underware...:)...Had to was clothes out in the sink before I thru them in the washer...Wife wasn't very happy....:confused:
LOL, Those women just don't understand the male bonding thing.

Latest posts

Back