PS-7900 vs PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just looks like a bare stud sticking out, but I can't see it well, it may be splined. Will have to pull the carb off for a better look.

Dave.

Should be a Zama right?
Splined I'll bet...
The beauty of those is, once set, put the limiters back on, and the EPA dorks are none the wiser...
Think of it as "civil dis-obedience"...:msp_wink:

I was wondering about that:) Are the needle heads Splined, Double D, Single D? Chainsaw / Weedeater Carburetor Adjustment Tool Set

They have a Double D on the HS Needle. Regular Screwdriver for the LS needle.

Should be a Zama right?
Splined I'll bet...
The beauty of those is, once set, put the limiters back on, and the EPA dorks are none the wiser...
Think of it as "civil dis-obedience"...:msp_wink:

No limiter caps at all on these saws.

Hum, I wonder why they beefed up the bottom end on them new 7910's?:msp_smile:
if they did beef up the bottom I wonder how long it takes for them to come out with the 90cc version... Then how long will it take for someone to put the 90cc P&C on a non-beefed older bottom end and blow it up???

I may make it up to Specter's gtg in northern WI this August... I got a dandy 9010 for ya to run... Built like a tank and power to spare... VERY sexy saw...:msp_sneaky:
:arg:
ooooh ooooh!!! pretty blue or dolmar red/orange??? What mods did you do? I'm about to put my 9010 back together when I get some free time...

So I went to look at the 7910's new carb before I put the 7900 dual port muffler on to test. I see the highspeed is not adjustable with a screwdriver. I call up Dolmar and ask for the special tool needed to richen the carb and they tell me that we are not allowed by epa to have them.......

interested to hear what the results are on the muff swap...

:arg:
ooooh ooooh!!! pretty blue or dolmar red/orange??? What mods did you do? I'm about to put my 9010 back together when I get some free time...

Dolmar orange and black... The work that has been done to it is a mystery... It does have a nice dual port cover...:msp_sneaky:

I will try that, I happen to have dual port 7900 muffler here right now, so I will just swap it out and see, Dave

I'm about to look like a complete idiot (not for the first or last time), but here goes:

Since the 7910 has the new SLR muffler, wouldn't you need to mod the SLR muffler to test how it responds to mods, instead of using a non-SLR 7900 muffler?

Or are you just wanting to see how the 7910 responds in general with a more opened muffler?

I'm probably misunderstanding something, and not being clear with my post :dizzy:.

I think the SLR system is all in the muffler, but I will need the screwdriver to richen up the high speed if I am going do the muffler swap. I have ordered the 4 tools to do this. I never needed them until now. I am going to borrow one locally so I can try it sooner. I have no idea why Dolmar Canada said you can't have the tool. They made it seem only the factory has them. I would have to be able to richen this saw up if I lived near the 4000 foot level.

Dave.

I think the SLR system is all in the muffler, but I will need the screwdriver to richen up the high speed if I am going do the muffler swap. I have ordered the 4 tools to do this. I never needed them until now. I am going to borrow one locally so I can try it sooner. I have no idea why Dolmar Canada said you can't have the tool. They made it seem only the factory has them. I would have to be able to richen this saw up if I lived near the 4000 foot level.

Dave.

Does this 7910 have the rev limited coil?

I ran one in WI last week... Brand new though and not broke in... Nice saw, but less power than the 7900. I'm sure folks will find a way around that...

I'm sure they're nice. Less power....? Yeah that's more than likely too. I'm sure it's a powerhouse though. I have less of a desire to have everything ported anyways - with a ported XPW and my 039 I'm happy as could be and I'd prolly be just as happy with a stock 7910'er in the pen....

Back