Put A Value On This Custom Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could ask you guys to describe a triangle and the response's id get would be how many sides a square has....

Obviously this isn't geared towards everyone in this thread.
Yeah we are bias crowd , I think a Facebook page would probably yield better results for you .
We are a ridiculous bunch of people who build 800.00 $ saws from 200.00$ worth of parts, spend 800 on a 100.00 saw so skewed.

Well you know what you have into it. You need to sell, wack that price in half and hope someone bites. Times is tough right now. The cosmetic mods did not do that saw any favors.

Does it have spark arrestors? I don’t use saws without them. I got checked once by a forest ranger.

I don’t drop $$ unless there new.

I wasn’t into modded saws but my 350 i modded I seen the light. Ported the intake and exhaust ports, didn’t touch the transfers, added the bigger carb she’s little beast. I get it. But I have bigger saws for the big wood.

It kinda depends on who you're selling it to. In my case I probably wouldn't want it because it's bigger than the saws I typically use. The only use I'd have for a saw that size is to resell it and make a little money on the deal.

Reading is a difficult thing to do these days.
I could ask you guys to describe a triangle and the response's id get would be how many sides a square has....

Obviously this isn't geared towards everyone in this thread.

It’s not got anything to do about your saw being geared towards us or not - it’s all to do with the fact that you have modified a saw and just shared pictures of the outside of it with some dye and a few mods here and there…

Where are the videos of it running? Videos where you’re cutting against other porters to demo its performance? Do you have anyone well known who can verify your work? Where are pictures of your porting? What does the intake and exhaust look like? Numbers?

Without this almost no one will see any value in it at all… You may sell it at a profit to a friend who knows you and what you can do, but that’s about it.

You asked what our opinions were, and just because it didn’t match up with your expectation you’re now unhappy and criticising us.. there have been people who have commented on your post above with their advice that have been in the game for 50+ years

As has been said, without a long standing track record and reputation for solid porting, or at the very least meeting up with other porters and showing how good your work is side by side to theirs, it’s a deterrent to most buyers knowing a saw has been fiddled with.

Not trying to give you a hard time, just an honest answer - Coming for advice is always going to give mixed responses, if you can’t take criticism then you shouldn’t ask for peoples opinions in the first place

Not trying to be a jerk, but you asked for a value. Whatever a factory saw goes for, I'd see the outside and knock a third of that off. I'd hear that the insides had been monkeyed with, and put my wallet back in my pocket. That's it, the value is "not interested."

A custom anything is a roll of the dice. I know I likely won't get market value for my Yota if/when I sell it.

To me the cosmetic mods detract from its value. Not sure how I feel on the ceramic bearings as well. I would also be very leery of a saw ported by someone without a long, well known track record. Over the years there have been many hacks doing port work and even of the guys doing it now my list is very short. This is not ment to diminish the OP or a criticism in any way of his saw. It's just not my cup of tea and I wouldn't be interested in it at any price.
I asked for a value and this is the answer you gave...... GTF out of here and learn how to read.

How much would you spend on a saw like this?
This is what you asked and he gave you his polite opinion on the value to him.
I asked for a value and this is the answer you gave...... GTF out of here and learn how to read.
Sorry you have such thin skin and don't like the opinions you asked for.

Seeing the OP's responses in this thread, if I was looking for a ported saw, he'd be off the list. Don't care how good he is or how his saws cut or last compared to others, I'm not dealing with this BS from someone I'm giving money to.
What BS?

I'm not upset with any of the values people gave. Thanks to all that did. It's the comments that mention nothing of value just their opinion on why they wouldn't spend any money on a saw like this. Why are you even in here? Imagine asking the question, what's you favorite chainsaw? And someone responds with, "I hate chainsaws. They smell like gas, they're loud, and they make a big mess." I understand most of you build your own saws, know where to get saws for good deals etc. I'm no different. But clearly a saw built like this isn't for most of us on here. Neat to see a hot rod style build though right? Cause that's what I was going for. Something different, something unique, something out of the box. Funny that me asking the value of a unique saw led to this. I'm out.

Maybe you don't realize it, but your responses are coming across as snippy, defensive, rude, and dismissive. You asked a question, and in the usual manner of AS, no punches were pulled and some crackpots responded too, but you also got some very solid feedback. You've responded in quite an unprofessional manner.

I'm not upset with any of the values people gave. Thanks to all that did. It's the comments that mention nothing of value just their opinion on why they wouldn't spend any money on a saw like this.
This is exactly my point. You asked for a value, and then complain when people respond with a genuine answer about what they would value the saw at.

Latest posts

Back