Put A Value On This Custom Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re reading the thread, I see someone offered $1200. I'd take that in a heartbeat.
I would take it too, that is a lot of money for a saw that we don't know how
well it runs, or what hours is on it. If I was going to spend that kind of dollar I would
be looking for a new saw, even if I had to wait a little longer to get all the funds.
If the OP needs to sell it on, then he is the only one who knows how low he can go,
I never like worrying about getting the last dollar out of anything, money means very little
to me, so much it can't buy.

To me the cosmetic mods detract from its value. Not sure how I feel on the ceramic bearings as well. I would also be very leery of a saw ported by someone without a long, well known track record. Over the years there have been many hacks doing port work and even of the guys doing it now my list is very short. This is not ment to diminish the OP or a criticism in any way of his saw. It's just not my cup of tea and I wouldn't be interested in it at any price.
I understand what you mean, when any item is painted you simply do not know what the
original condition was, and its all about the condition, you can no longer see if the case was
damaged, cracked, welded, full of fillers, and that's very important to a buyer, if it was never ported
it would be worth more too, unless as said, you know the porter and his work speaks for its self.

I built this saw for myself about a year ago, kind of as a poster child. Since then it's pretty much just sat around. Maybe has two tanks of fuel through it. It's not a race saw, built to do work. All the magnesium has been Cerakoted, dyed plastics, fully rebuilt, ceramic hybrid crank bearings, full port work. Makes around 190 psi. Now recently I've offered it out to a few local loyal customers just for the heck of it. I tend to sell saws cheaper than most, especially to guys that I've become friends with. How much would you spend on a saw like this? I'll reveal what I've asked for it once I get some opinions. I don't want to sell myself short on this one so I'm curious what you all have to say.
View attachment 924734View attachment 924735 View attachment 924736View attachment 924737
I thought frog skinz were a one way material, that is it is water repellent from the outside in? , is the sticky side facing out towards the cover?

I asked for a value and this is the answer you gave...... GTF out of here and learn how to read.
Since your being testy I would suggest you need to learn to comprehend what your read. I clearly stated I wouldn't be interested in that saw at any price. I bet most people that know saws have the same opinion.
Now, you might get some schmuck that's enormed by a cheesy die job and golf club grip on the handle that will throw money at it, but that market is exceedingly small.
For $1200 you would have to be a real sucker.

Latest posts

Back