Qestion about fluid control

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRCONRAN

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a small log loader requires 2-3gpm it is powered by a 5.5hp power pack. I also have a 45hp tractor with 11gpm at the remotes. My qestion is can I use a fluid control valve to run the loader off the tractor remotes?

why not?

you might have to add flow control valves to slow things down a bit.

But would the hp of the tractor let the loader pick more than it is rated for? With the 5.5hp power pack it will stall the engine before something breaks on the loader. I should add the engine will stall or it just won't pick up the weight. I am asking if I did put the flow control on would the loader break if I picked to heavy of a log?

force is deteremined only by pressure and cylinder area.
If the relief valve setting for maximum pressure is the same, will be the same forces. Stick a pressure gauge in the tractor QC and see them ax pressure.

Hp just lets you turn a bigger pump, more gpm, at the same pressure, but does nto affect the final force of a cylinder. (unless of course the pressure is cranked up higher. If both systems have same pressure, cylinder does same force.)

flow control valves only change flow, thus speed.

jkcj

Thanks that helps alot guys. I can probley contact John deere and the loader company and find out the pressures.

Back