Quad Cab pickups?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?????????????????

Well you can call me out for owning German saws, But like I said it is not always feasible. You should buy american whenever possible. Thats why I dont deal with any "box" stores. I always try to find a local merchant first, even it does cost me a few extra bucks.

If we continue to give our money away to foreign countries without them spending as much here eventually we will be broke. That is the same as if you make $1000 a week but you continuously spend $1500, you arent going to last long.

My point is, rather than running to Home Depot or Wal-Mart for everything, try to keep the money local if you want to live in a good economy.

How do you think we feel when a Hurricane hits us and all these jokers come rolling in from OK,TX,NY,PA,OH and everywhere else. They take that money home with them. It does not get recirculated through our local economy. Well that works on a global scale as well.

I'm still confused. My Toyota truck was made here also.............

Foreign Trucks.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA:deadhorse:

You will never see my 6'5" 225lb frame inside one of those funny little trucks designed for umpaloompas. I have had a bunch of midgets try to argue this with me before. Even these "alleged" full size foreign trucks are pretty dwarfed when they are parked next to my F350. What would you expect from a country where 5 footers are giants. Horsepower, $2000 bucks and a PAW catalog will take care of that. Steel is still the primary building material on my Fords and you can even lean on the fender with out crushing it.

And as far as fuel consumption, skru it, GOD BLESS AMERICA.:cheers:

Funny, it seemed that my Nissan Frontier had more leg room than my F-150.

I guess there is one foreign truck I would buy, that 3500 Chevy that they put the Isuzu diesel in.

before you comment at least read the whole thread.:monkey:

OK, I read the whole thread, now what was I looking for?

I am just airing my grievances. I have been looking for a new truck. I was told to check out the Tundra QC. Too dang small. I have to be able to work with it and haul wife/4 kids/2dogs and a jet boat to the lake. I was very disappointed in the cab room.

For one, I dont want a drink holder or an arm rest or a box to fill with crap, I want a real bench seat that could fit 3 adults. Toyota and Nissan seem to have a problem with bench seats.

Another reason, I live at over 9200 ft above sea level, I am 1 mile higher than the town I get supplies from. I don't care what kind of "ratings" are put out for city folks so they can make a proper decision. Just every day driving here will tell you if you bought a lemon or not. My F-350 is getting close to 1/4 mill miles on it and still running strong. The small Toyotas do alright here the big ones are junk, they break expensively and frequently.

Power? Dont even go there. Like I said, everything here is up hill and HP ratings wash out real fast.

Im not "anti-jap" by any means. They make great bikes and stereos. They just make pathetic trucks. By the time it gets "close" to what you want its to expensive and doesn't fit the bill anyway.

I am just airing my grievances. I have been looking for a new truck. I was told to check out the Tundra QC. Too dang small. I have to be able to work with it and haul wife/4 kids/2dogs and a jet boat to the lake. I was very disappointed in the cab room.

How did you fit in the truck personally? Before you said you weren't squeezing your 6' 5", 225 lb frame into a foreign truck. Just like when picking out a saw, it's hard to recommend something if folks don't know what you will be using it for. I like the fact that my F-150 has an armrest with cupholders that can swivel up if needed for more passenger space. And Toyota does want a ton of $$$ for their trucks, but then again all new trucks are expensive to me.

How did you fit in the truck personally? Before you said you weren't squeezing your 6' 5", 225 lb frame into a foreign truck. Just like when picking out a saw, it's hard to recommend something if folks don't know what you will be using it for. I like the fact that my F-150 has an armrest with cupholders that can swivel up if needed for more passenger space. And Toyota does want a ton of $$$ for their trucks, but then again all new trucks are expensive to me.

I fit like a glove on a foot.

I really wasn't trying to sound bitter or be an @hole. I was just frustrated after a weekend of truck hunting.

I really wasn't trying to sound bitter or be an @hole.

Yeah, that would be a first here at Arboristsite! :laugh:

I can understand the frustrations of truck shopping, and my needs are way simpler than yours. It would seem that very few trucks fit the bill for what you need. Is your F-350 a PSD? I have driven one of those in the mountains and it ran great!

Yeah, that would be a first here at Arboristsite! :laugh:

I can understand the frustrations of truck shopping, and my needs are way simpler than yours. It would seem that very few trucks fit the bill for what you need. Is your F-350 a PSD? I have driven one of those in the mountains and it ran great!

Nope, its still gas. Its a 93 F350 4WD QC with a 351W. It was actually a dog at first, B303 roller cam, H.O. heads, and lost all of the emissions gear but kept the injection. Tons of power and much better fuel mileage now. What I really like is the HD solid axles and manual hubs. They are bullet proof, I dont think any of the trucks I looked at carry the option anymore. I know that they offer a kit to run solid axles on the Super Duty's but I wouldn't get that far into a truck.
I'm not rich by any means but when I need a truck I need:
1. Long wide bed or a flat bed
2. 4WD 1 ton
3. An interior you can wash with a garden hose.
3. 4 doors and 2 bench seats, seat six comfortably
4. Power to pull, trailer brakes
5. Low mileage 3 year old, I'll let someone else take the hit on the "new" price.
6. Fleet truck, I don't like or need all of the goody's, just something else to go wrong IMO.

All of the manufactures have turned the pickup into a giant sports/ luxury car, they left the folks that actually use and need trucks out of the equation. The only models I have been happy with were the 3+3 Chevy's in the mid 80's and the F350's from the early 90's. Brake systems and drive lines have gotten better but the trucks themselves have gotten weak and foofy. Ever since big trucks became a fad, I can't find any thing on the market that fits my needs. I will probably try to get a few more years out of this truck any how, weather I find a new one or not.

My first trucks were big block/ 4 speeds from the late 60's and early 70's. Big power and tough bodies, plentiful and cheap. Why did they go and mess up a good thing.

Last edited:
Its a 93 F350 4WD QC with a 351W.

Pics? I love that truck body style! Mine is a 95 F-150. Just before I got it the seller had manual hubs put on it. Why not just get an older crewcab truck? Even if you had to rebuild the motor and tranny you'd be $1000s ahead on buying a 3 year old truck.

Something like this:

http://richmond.craigslist.org/car/271399657.html

What is wrong with your 93?

Last edited:
My first trucks were big block/ 4 speeds from the late 60's and early 70's. Big power and tough bodies, plentiful and cheap. Why did they go and mess up a good thing.

Cause some yuppies like to drive trucks.

Back