Quad Cab pickups?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, now, now....Please don't let the facts get in the way of your arguement!

Looks like the 4WD 5.7L has a payload of 2,000 pounds. That's a ton where I come from.

From Toyota:
First column is 2WD, second column is 4WD
attachment.php

Motor Trend, what a joke...

Well, again, I'm sorry. I did use facts as I knew them to be. I believe these stats from the mags are usually what the mfg. submits to them and are proffed. But, looks like I was wrong. Sorry.

The print article (I have it at my side) shows the curb wgt. as 5845 and the payload as 1155. You link shows a different story. Maybe options pushed the curb wgt. up. Generally, the gross weight stays the same and options push te resulting payload wgt. down.

Now, I'm sorry if what I posted is incorrect. Honest mistake, but I'm sorry. Looks like I very well could be wrong.

Oh, I not here to say Toyota can't compete. No way. Also, payload isn't on many peoples radar screen. I was trying to point out that looking macho isn't enough.

But, I say again. I'm sorry.

No prob joatmon. Didn't mean to unload both barrels at once.

Even so, it's competitive with the others.

Yep, you've convinced me that I'm wrong. So, go ahead and :buttkick:

OK, LTCG, I may agree with you as well, so go ahead and :buttkick:

Oh, and a sincere thanks to both for keeping me straight.:clap:

Yep, you've convinced me that I'm wrong. So, go ahead and :buttkick:

OK, LTCG, I may agree with you as well, so go ahead and :buttkick:

Oh, and a sincere thanks to both for keeping me straight.:clap:

No prob. What are friends for?
attachment.php

Does it count if you don't buy it at the dealer? I'd like to buy from private owners the rest of my life if possible.
Yes, I beleive it does. Because if a private party seller cant sell it used the resale value will go down and less people will buy them new.

?????

Thank You. Our typical american errogance has cost a share of the market to foreign manufacturers. They are working on it. It will take time however.

My "crap" comment concerns all things not just cars. BUY AMERICAN

Even chainsaws???

I bumped this thread because I have had this arguement with one of my cousins forever. He sent me the link, he also traded in his Chevy SUV a few months ago and got a 4Runner!:biggrinbounce2:

Well unfortunately, not everything is feasible. But I do beleive Stihl is okay. The US headquarters for stihl is located about 20 min from me. And some of the saws I use are made there. Obviously not the 460,650,200t though. So that one hits kind of close to home.

We were working in a backyard next to a golf course one day in VA Beach. When a golfball struck one of my guys. Off the driver of a German stihl exec. Once they came up on the carts they were all kinds of excited to see all the orange/white layin out there

Look at the old Homelite, Mac, and Poulan saws (amoung others). It was done once. I'm not holding my breath however...

I agree, the old American saws were good. What is stopping someone from making a good American saw again?

I agree, the old American saws were good. What is stopping someone from making a good American saw again?

The short answer is labor costs. I don't want to get into an 'outsourcing' discussion however! :(

The only way to build the 'old designs' from a cost effective standpoint (for a manufacturer) would be to have them made overseas. Check out the Chinese copies of the old Browning designed Winchester '97 pump shotguns as an example. That's an extremely machining-intensive design, as were many of the old saws. Of course, the build quality isn't there with the Chinese copies...

As far as a quality 'modern' design built in America...Stihl does manufacture quality saws in American plants, so it must be possible. It'd be nice if an American company would design and manufacture a quality, modern chainsaw in the good old USA. They'd have to compete with a mighty strong, established set of manufacturers (Stihl, Jonsered, Dolmar, Husky, etc) in a field where brand loyalty is SRONG. The only area where they could break into the market would be at the 'box store' homeowner level, as the customers aren't so wed to a brand (or quality unfortunately). A fledgeling US manufacturer would probably have to start there (but would then sully their rep with the Pros by building another price-point crap saw). A catch-22 I'd say.

I'm just blowing thoughts out my muffler however... :jester:

Well unfortunately, not everything is feasible. But I do beleive Stihl is okay. The US headquarters for stihl is located about 20 min from me. And some of the saws I use are made there. Obviously not the 460,650,200t though. So that one hits kind of close to home.

We were working in a backyard next to a golf course one day in VA Beach. When a golfball struck one of my guys. Off the driver of a German stihl exec. Once they came up on the carts they were all kinds of excited to see all the orange/white layin out there

WOW!:taped: :hmm3grin2orange:

looks like we'll all be standing in line for toilet paper...........

You don't think it's feasible for Americans to produce a quality chainsaw?
attachment.php

It is, and there are some. I did say the headquarters was near me right?

I had a mac 10-10. that was a great saw, but when the wristpin slid out the side of the piston and it grenaded I couldn't find the parts to fix it. MacCulloch is not MacCulloch anymore.

WOW!:taped: :hmm3grin2orange:

looks like we'll all be standing in line for toilet paper...........

Well you can call me out for owning German saws, But like I said it is not always feasible. You should buy american whenever possible. Thats why I dont deal with any "box" stores. I always try to find a local merchant first, even it does cost me a few extra bucks.

If we continue to give our money away to foreign countries without them spending as much here eventually we will be broke. That is the same as if you make $1000 a week but you continuously spend $1500, you arent going to last long.

My point is, rather than running to Home Depot or Wal-Mart for everything, try to keep the money local if you want to live in a good economy.

How do you think we feel when a Hurricane hits us and all these jokers come rolling in from OK,TX,NY,PA,OH and everywhere else. They take that money home with them. It does not get recirculated through our local economy. Well that works on a global scale as well.

Latest posts

Back