Quebec town bans excessive noise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some cut their land for construction..I dont think this is the issue here.... but mainly this time of year the permanent residents start cutting their firewood for winter ....they buy it as a "truckload"...need to understand these are occasional chainsaw users and...YESS.......it will take them 2 days to do this........Now take about 10 or 15 of them doing this on different week-end and tell me you had a nice and resting day at the cottage !!!!!! .........Maybe a warning to the guy next door asking if minds of you cutting with the chainsaw on a specific week-end..... See the facts..........At this time the People and childrens have returned to school and this is just a minority that wanted revenge and went to the medias to get attention.

LOOK AT THE PICTURE POSTED AND LINKED TO THIS THREAD......"PALM TREES IN QUEBEC........YEAHHHHH!!!!! RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder "Canwest" is under the bankrupcy protection law......

Alain,

Last edited:
So you have some rich chap from the city who has bought a holiday cottage to "get away from it all", telling the locals that they can't cut firewood on half the weekend?

What if a local works 5-6 days a week and Sunday is the only day they have to cut firewood? What then, you have to take a day off work to cut your own wood?
Thats just downright ignorant.
I am glad I don't live there.

A small "city" near me passed a noise law that takes effect in OCT. If you can hear it from 60 feet away, OR if you can hear it through the walls of your house.. it is illegal.. they seemed to forget that most houses in that area are about 20 feet from the road. And 40 feet from each other. funny crap right there.

They have street festivals every third thursday, also parades every so often in town. I intend to call the cops and complain..JUST to prove a point.. you certainly can hear that from 60 feet.

How about mowing your lawns there? how you gonna do that? They were complaining about big trucks going through the main street, how are they going to get supplies to the local stores then?

That city is dying, its no wonder.. I say R.I.P. then.

If anyone wants to get real about noise, make the laws reasonable. 60 feet is not reasonable.

Funny thing is, most of the people I saw complaining about the noise there in the paper, were from out of town, saying the city needed the ordinance.

If they are too old to listen to a little noise in the so called "city", maybe its time for them to move to the retirement communities of good old florida.. oh wait.. they probably banned noise there too. :monkey:

Funny stuff this is.

So you have some rich chap from the city who has bought a holiday cottage to "get away from it all", telling the locals that they can't cut firewood on half the weekend?

What if a local works 5-6 days a week and Sunday is the only day they have to cut firewood? What then, you have to take a day off work to cut your own wood?
Thats just downright ignorant.
I am glad I don't live there.

On the money there.

We have a similar situation here. Rich folk who want to buy up local property as holiday homes to be used a couple of weeks a year, then when they are here , dictate to permanent residents what we should be doing in their tranquil idyl.
We hosted a major mx event for a few years. The enjoyment of thousands was stopped by three people with nearby holiday homes who had a fortune to throw at planning and other legal challenges.
People with this kind of attitude, interfering with the day to day lives of ordinary working people just trying to get by want their arses kicking. Hard.

Caporal30. Your argument is laughable.

People with this kind of attitude, interfering with the day to day lives of ordinary working people just trying to get by want their arses kicking. Hard.
Or they could one day find that their houses have burnt to the ground.
It has happened before, and will doubtless happen again.

This is my opinion for what it is worth:
Please get all the facts before complaining.............. stupid reactions here!
This is a small town village in between 2 major cities..Montreal & Quebec cities.
Most of the population are cottage owners that goes there on week-end to enjoy the area and get away from city noise...do fishing and relax.
I can understand their frustration.....Put yourself in their shoes and invite some of your best friend to your cottage for an entertaining week-end ...then comes the next door neighbor that start the chainsaw and "JUST WONT STOP"......FOR TWO DAYS........THINK ABOUT IT ........BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSION!!!!!!

The media's are looking for any sensational news without all the facts......
AND YOU ALL GOT CAUGHT IN THE PROCESS......

I live in the province of Quebec....I AM NOT STUPID.... and this province is not worst than any other ones or any states in the U.S.A.

Alain, Proud to be a Canadian and a resident of Quebec......(no hard feelings............just the facts)

If that were to happen too me then I would ditch the visitors that I had and pull out the 260-460 and offer too help.:chainsaw:

Here is another law that many wont like....there are many more like this...

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2002/ra_9175_2002.html

Alain,

There was a big thread on that a few months ago. It was to do with locals cutting down all the trees without permission and with no consideration for the environment.
Not rich city gents having their lay in spoilt by the noise generated by the local peasants sawing wood on their only day off to warm their families.

I grew up in eastern quebec. We got out firewood delivered in 8 foots lengths and cut and split it ourselves.

So the city folk want to enjoy a peaceful weekend, but does that mean the country folk have to take time off of work during the week so they can process their firewood?

If that was the case I would have missed a lot of school growing up!

I'll find this town and drive through it with Slayer blasting at inappropriate volume levels.

Heck, I do that here, and slow down in front of churches.

I'll find this town and drive through it with Slayer blasting at inappropriate volume levels.

Heck, I do that here, and slow down in front of churches.

'mandatory suicide' would be an appropriate song

or burning the priest (Lamb of God)

well they (filipinos) brought that mentality here as well when it comes to fishing, they'll take everything out of the ocean, undersized, over limit (clams especially), red tide, females etc etc. absolutly zero ethic when it comes to mother nature

to think when they apply for a hunters# :(

Latest posts

Back