Quick Question, Spark Plug Thread Pitch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucknfeller

Opportunistic Hooligan
Reaction score
I've got a buddy who is bringing me an ms361, and an ms440 that both have stripped plug holes. I'm pretty sure the threads are M14 -1.25. I was hoping someone could confirm that, or steer me right. He needs atleast one of the saws ASAP. Local Napa has a Heli-Coil Kit for that size, but it's listed as "Ford spark plug repair kit". Does anyone know if that kit will work? I'm thinking the heli-coils might be too long. Fastenal has the EZ lock inserts, but no tap, 16.5 bit, or installation tool (not sure if one is needed). A little guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Auto Zone or Advance has a decent kit with 3 different length inserts, for @ $19.99, or they did a year or two ago.

Thanks Fish, I'll check them out first.

I guess I'm going to send him home with my 281xp, maybe I can make a believer out of him :laugh:. He runs a tree care buisness, and he needs one of the saws today. Other than #####ing about the outboard clutch, I'm pretty sure he'll be happy with it.

NAPA should have several different thread repair kits. The one I have says Heli Coil SAV A THREAD on it. This kit uses solid inserts instead of the heli coil type [spiral] inserts. Works slick. Yes, you should use the dedicated install tool.

And the 14mm 1.25 should fit the CJ6Y and RCJ6Y type plugs for the Stihls.

NAPA should have several different thread repair kits. The one I have says Heli Coil SAV A THREAD on it. This kit uses solid inserts instead of the heli coil type [spiral] inserts. Works slick. Yes, you should use the dedicated install tool.

And the 14mm 1.25 should fit the CJ6Y and RCJ6Y type plugs for the Stihls.

He must own a NAPA...... The "should fit the cj6y and rcj6y type plugs for the Stihls" filled us all with a lot of confidence!!!!

The "should fit the cj6y and rcj6y type plugs for the Stihls" filled us all with a lot of confidence!!!!

Fish,

I realize you are well respected here, but I really don't understand your pissing on my post. If I mentioned a brand of plug you don't like or made an error in my info, fine. But I would hope you would elaborate as to my mistake, correct me if possible and add to the original thread.

If you have a problem with my diction, sentence structure or choice of words, I'm afraid I'm not here to repeat ninth grade english class with you. If that's the case, move on and ignore my posts.

Deezlfan

He must own a NAPA......

OP mentioned NAPA and I simply pointed out that NAPA has several different kits and the Ford kit may not be the best choice. Wasn't pushing any company or brand.

What difference does it make what I own or where I work if I don't come on here and try to sell my products or services without becoming a sponsor? Thought that was the deal.

Back