R U Kidding ? Any SW PA folks out there ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 028 Super AV is having a bit of an issue. It starts fine, will revv and run fine for a minute or two while warming up, but once it goes into the cut, it starts to bog. I cannot use the saw. So, I take it to a hardware store that is also a Stihl Dealer. I tell them the symptoms, and they tell me to leave the saw and a $30 deposit. They also proceed to tell me that it's $60 as soon as a tool hits the saw, and they will work on it up to $100 before calling to see if they should proceed on, or if I wanted them to stop there. I wasn't happy thinking they can turn a few wrenches, have my bill at $100, then ask if I wanted to scrap the saw, so I said no thanks.

I love this saw, and I don't think it's piston (scored) related, but I don't have a compression tester either. I believe it's vacum (air leak) related maybe. So my question. Is there anybody in SW PA that works on Stihl's and may have a different policy than "Give me $100, and do you want to scrap the saw". Gosh, the brand new, never used 18" bar on it is worthe the $30 deposit. :smile2:

I am in eastern ohio, if you want to ship it. did you already let the dealer look at it? if so what did they say?

Andrew

Try replacing your fuel filter and line by yourself, two easy fixes that could lead to your conditions. If not fixed by them try pulling your carb and inspecting the internal screen.

fast leo.. thanks for the offer.

Try replacing your fuel filter and line by yourself, two easy fixes that could lead to your conditions. If not fixed by them try pulling your carb and inspecting the internal screen.

fuel line and filter are new... BUT, I do use hemostats to gently pull the line up through the hole to the stopper. That said, I guess there's always a chance to puncture or rip, but I'm fairly careful. Besides, I would think that a ruptured line would manifest itself as soon as it started pulsing gas, no ? Or am I incorrect ?

Back