Rate your Chinese chain saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 chink saws. 1 is a G372, the other, a G288. Both have the crap beat out of em by my guys, replaced carb on 372, replaced the starter rope and oil pump on the 288. They have run almost a year now and I have to give em a 8. I also have the equivalent saws in Husqvarna, the chink saws once broke in run almost neck and neck with em. Just sayin
I was anxious to get mine, but at the same time relieved when it fell through. I may try again someday to get one, but I think this time I might go with the MS 660 clone.

This is the Holzfforma g466 with 25 inch bar and chain.
Seller responded fast, let's see if the parts come and it works properly. Might get some sthil parts next payday, but working the wood for money to afford a real sthil.
Try getting parts from Hyway saw parts if you can't afford to get OEM parts. Just make sure you're ordering their brand and not farmertec as they sell both. I had the same thing happen on my G660. Replaced everything down to and including the oil pump, which I upgraded to a high output, for about $50.

My little power g chainsaw I bought a princess auto years ago never let me down it’s built like a pro saw not a clamshell. I recently gutted the muffler for it and dual ported it.

I bought 2 G660's doing the middle of the Chinese Flu, because I couldn't get any 661's. i put one on my Lewis winch, and the other one I put on my Logosol mill, not sure how many 1000's of bdft i have milled with it and no issues yet. only mod i did was put a MaxFlow filter on it with a Straight Shot, and run it at 32:1. I bought mine from a dealer I found online. and they claim they go over them before they ship them out.

i DISAGREE. Plenty of excellent products are USA made. This question is, if you read it........rate your cheap piece of crap saw, knocked-off, by China. HUS, Farmtec, etc. Thats 100% chinesium garbage, constructed by children, next to multi-colored polluted rivers.......with a rice break mid-day.

Than again, only those who would stoop to spending their after-tax American dollars, on a genuine chinesium knock-off, to save money??? would be qualified to have an opinion.

I am guessing his experience with running one himself is about equivalent to his first hand knowledge that the Chinese plants use children to assemble the saws.

I'd give my G660 a 7 out of 10. I did have some minor issues with it, but nothing unexpected. If I didn't have any issues with it, I probably would give it an 8/10. I dock it 2 stars just because its so darn heavy compared to an 064/066/660. Starts fine, runs good. I have about 7 gal of fuel through it so far since March. I normally only run a few tanks of fuel through my big saw in a years time, but this year is unique for me. If I ran a big saw this much every year, I would have looked for a used Stihl, or more likely I would have repaired my 064 (which I will do eventually). For infrequent use, use on a mill, or learning how to port, I think these are an excellent option. I'm extremely satisfied with what I got for what I spent.

Accidents with branded equipment also happen, so the claim that it is the fault of the Chinese chainsaw is inappropriate. Besides, if not for cheap Chinese equipment or any other, many people would not have anything to cut the trees and cutting with hand piles would not please anyone ;-)

Try getting parts from Hyway saw parts if you can't afford to get OEM parts. Just make sure you're ordering their brand and not farmertec as they sell both. I had the same thing happen on my G660. Replaced everything down to and including the oil pump, which I upgraded to a high output, for about $50.
Plan on just getting Sthil parts having a somewhat local dealer.

I have a 372xp knock off and I've found that it's as good to use as my genuine one although it does seem like it's a little bit down on torque and that's cutting seasoned spotted gum and yellow box.
Only issues I've found with it in the last 18 months I've owned it is the plastics aren't finished as nicely as the genuine and it leaks oil if I leave any in it.

As a side note my genuine 372xp is not built anywhere near as well as my little echo cs352es

I'm not demanding anything. I'm keeping food on my family's table and giving the little guys a chance to see once again that our us company's rape people with 75% margins for stuff they have built or made in China first. Besides you got sthil=🇩🇪 Husqvarna=🇸🇪 echo=🇯🇵. Again its our dumbass government that started allowing imported goods and outsourcing jobs because of greed greed greed.
A lot of Stihl and husky saws are now made in China btw.

I got a cheap saw just to see what it was like, started nice and ran good. Cut like a demon but when I went to clean it and check things the clutch was so hard to remove it broke.... with the correct tool! They out so much thread lock on it was luke it was welded. German make but sold in Aldi and on the saw, made in china. We all got mobile phones these days and no matter what price you paid they are all made in china, so like it's been said it's not all bad.
The saw was

Scheppach Petrol 45cc Chainsaw​

Product Ref: 814163603784300

Scheppach Petrol 45cc Chainsaw

Plastics were not like husqvarna but acceptable, engine was strong but dont know how long it would have lasted. I sent it back thinking if the clutch broke that easy what else will.

Two years ago I bought a Coocheer 62cc off Amazon. I paid $135 with free shipping (thanks Prime). Hit the door in under 2 weeks, came with a zippered cover, and a fuel mixture bottle (both of which went straight into the trash can), and 2- 20 inch chains. I've cut about 8 cords each year with it and it cuts pretty damn good with a full chisel, 20" bar.
Granted I can only compare it to an 18" Poulan Wild Thing-piece-of-sh1t. Other than breaking the handle after year 1.. I replaced the drum with a rim sprocket style, gutted the muffler, replaced 1 oiler and two clutches. Which I wouldn't say the clutches were the fault of the saw.. just a ****** design.

I realy, really want a Hollzforma though.

Latest posts

Back