Real Husky saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Are the parts for the 21OO and 394xp easy to obtain?
Looking to buy a used one?
What should I be looking at specifically for these specific saws when buying used?
Anyone know the specs on them?
So Rupedoggy and KD why are you so hot on some of these Husky saws?
Posted this on an older forum that discusses these specific saws but the feedback was " We love our Husky"
I have an 066 and have been dared to get a Husky to compare so here I go!

Don,
The 394xp is easy enough to find parts for, however, some of the parts for a 2100 are becoming harder to find. New parts I am talking about, KD and Rupedoggy are definitely the ones to consult with. I saw a picture that Rupe had posted a while back and he must have had close to a dozen of those 2100's lined out all in a row. Holler at them. Take care Wade

When buying one of these saws, it is important to bring some
auto rubbing compound. Put a little on the sprocket cover,
and if after you rub it in it starts turning green, do not buy it.
If you are lucky, it may turn red first, but quickly turn green.
If so, check with a Jonsereds dealer. But Lowes probably can get parts for all 3.
Otherwise it is a fine product.
I am just trying to start something, and get my post totals up
to be a mvp, So do not listen to anything I have to add, unless it
involves Llama husbandry, me and Walt are the experts there.
You guys complete me.

Fish, you are da man...I'll rush right oveer to Lowe's and order than thin ringed 2100 piston i need for my 25 hp KD dream saw....

That is great!!
I am now the spokesmodel for Lowes.
Home Depot is there as well.

As a company, I see your parts requests, and will let you
know if oneday, I can order parts cfor you all.
You complete me

excuse me mr. spokesmodel but i order all my parts from the internet:D

PS. how are the llamas?

All of our Llamas come here iced down from a train from
Arkansas, they are barely moving.
That is the best way to get them.
They are accustomed to all sorts of behavior, so they complain
little.

Yeah, Doug. Seems like he's mellowed. 'getting some' regularly will do that. Poor llama
:eek:

The "chilled" manatees are preffered. They have much better
looking features as well. A Florida arborist trims oranges?
Manatee beards? Cypress crotches?

Believe me, I always check the crotches for holes.

Not fond of manatee beards, they scratch. :blob6:

I kinda like the "new" Fish. If this current behavior keeps up for a couple of years, we'll probably find that his Avatar will have changed to a can of Spam, too.

Now DD cock,
Lambert has nothing to do with me.
I am my own entity, picking fights with everyone.
I am computer illiterate however, but if an avatar is built like that,
I am all for it.
Lammabert cannot even spell Mannateeee

Original posting about Husky 2100 394xp

Any of you know anything about the original post.
Reliability, specs, experience with the saw, etc.

394 is about 17 lb and 7.1 hp, very reliable. I've never run one, having ahd two 066 Magnums, which had dual port mufflers . They are lighter, and put out 7.7 hp, so a better saw, stock. 394 is a great machine, and Ken Dunn said that a modified one can beat his 2100's, and is the only saw that will, in the 6 cube class.

i bought a 2100 for $375 back in 1987, sold it about 97 when I got my 3120. It was and is still going strong, as I know the current owner. It power was a bit more than the above saws, but I've never seen the specs.

Thank you Rbtree

I appreciate the information. How did you like the 2100 while you had it? Are you saying it is bigger than a 3120 , 066 and an 394xp?

Don

At 100 cc, it is bigger than the 394 or 066, i odnt know the hp, would assume around 7.5. the 3120 is 122 cc, and used to be 9.3 hp, now less. I think it is the highest hp of any stock saw ever, a bit more than the 090. And mine is likely pushing 13-14 hp, more when KD does a litlle carb work...and if i have him build me a pipe.... look out gyro, ya bum....

Latest posts

Back