Real Husky saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 2100s in the 80s, cutting timber out of Westpoint Ca. i used 42" bars, cutting timber 6 to 8 ft, they did perfect, never had any problems with them.

Is the 2100 a self oiler?

Looking at the pictures I wonder if it is a self oiler or manual, for the chain.

no, the 3120 by Ken Dunn or Greffard (thats gotta be a canuck eh!:rolleyes: ) is. Just as Gypo in a couple of weeks:D

They are for those who own 3120's. Those who own 088 Stihls think that they are. Some folks say that the 088 is more reliable, but I don't know. They generally cost a bit more than 3120's. The truth is that 3120's make a little nore power modified because of larger transfers (I think). Also, to get good power out of a modded 088, you generally substitute a 3120 piston to up the compression. Ken Dunn knows all this stuff. Better to ask him at: [email protected].

where is ol' Ken? Dennis said he was busy and that Ken was too, but guys come on - you could say business is smoking, judging from the lack of your posts. Good luck.

PS. do velocity stacks really work?

dbabcock.please never take the motion lady away from us. its nearly good as my first cup o coffee in the morning.:)
jus look at that for a min or so ,and i know for sure im still alive.ummm

Tony,
I keep waiting for Brian (Treeclimber165) to come up with a better one. From what he's showed me via pm, he could win hands down in an avatar contest if he chose to. How long Darin would allow it is another story, however. Oh yeah, I'll be down in your neck of the woods this weekend for a BMW driving school for the M5 down in Spartanburg, SC.:blob2:

Last edited:
Otto,
Ken has had to change his moniker to KDHOTSAW2 because of problems with his AS account. When I talked to him the other day, he said that he had over 20 saws in the works presently. I figure if he's awake 16 hours a day, at least half of it is wasted on the phone with no-minds like me. John and I are practicing up on our Ken Dunn imitations so that when Ken's phone is busy, we can call each other and pretend that we're Ken. We've got the voice and inflections down pretty well, but although we remember many of his technical words, when we put them together they really don't mean anything tangible. Last night, John called to have me read him some of Ken's posts so he could get to sleep.

3120design life and production time

How long has the 3120 been made?
Does anyone know how many are out there?
What is the design life of an Husky?
There is a post somewhere on one of these forums about the life of a Stihl. I think it is in the 1000's of hours.

Fish, you're like a search engine for things people didn't know they wanted to know about...or didn't...or something...sort of...:dizzy:

:cheers:

Chaser

in response to the life of a husky, I bought my 394XP from a professional logger who used it everyday for years. Still has great compression & runs great. I'm sure that he put at least 1000 hours on it. About all I've done to it is replace some oil seals on the pump, replaced the anti-vibe elements-this helped a lot, and cleaned out the carb & replaced fuel filter. It has tons of power.

As for what is the biggest saw currently in production, I think the MS880 is actually 2.8cc bigger than the 3120XP. just to be a smarta$$

The one gripe I have about my saw is that the chain tensioner is on the front instead of next to the bar nuts. Its a pain in the butt to tension the chain when milling--I have to loosen the mill just to tension the chain.

aquan8tor said:
in response to the life of a husky, I bought my 394XP from a professional logger who used it everyday for years. Still has great compression & runs great. I'm sure that he put at least 1000 hours on it. About all I've done to it is replace some oil seals on the pump, replaced the anti-vibe elements-this helped a lot, and cleaned out the carb & replaced fuel filter. It has tons of power.

As for what is the biggest saw currently in production, I think the MS880 is actually 2.8cc bigger than the 3120XP. just to be a smarta$$

The one gripe I have about my saw is that the chain tensioner is on the front instead of next to the bar nuts. Its a pain in the butt to tension the chain when milling--I have to loosen the mill just to tension the chain.[/QUOTE]

Well in that case we will collectively shed a single tear for you.:jester: Its good to hear it is doing so well, hows the compression after all those hours?

buck

haven't tested compression, but its pretty damn hard for my 160 lbs to pull the starter without using the decompression button. Call me a wuss, but I'm not weak. I really hate the chain tensioner, though. Yeah yeah. I'm just not willing to shell out over a grand for a new ms660. If I did that, I may as well get the big boy 880, but I'm savin' my money for a bandsaw mill, or at least a ripsaw.

Back