Rebuilding Cheap Carburetors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are the carbs on your towel, are they aftermarket carbs that could not be rebuilt, or failed? Or are they oem.

I was just trying to understand the meaning of all of the carbs, and the kits, and what you were trying to assert.

Let the towel thing go, I was just teasing you a little.

But the meaning of all of the carbs on the towel with kits are, you just saying that one should keep old junk carbs?
They are all OEM on that bench most were able to be saved like 80 percent. Keep your old carbs for sure. Have you tried the aftermarket ones yet?

My last 2 were failures most recently a C1Q, complete kit, cleaned and blew all holes then cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner. Fulcrum arm ok and inlet needle seals. I did not remove the welch plug, is it likely that something blocked under there is the issue?

I always remove the welch plugs and replace them. More often than not, I find sawdust and grit under them. An ultrasonic cleaner can't get back in there and flush that stuff out.

No, I haven't tried any aftermarket carbs yet. I haven't been too impressed by what has been posted about them.

The assumption that all carbs made in China are all the same has me very skeptical. The crappy chinese pull starters
that I have bought don't sell me on the chinese parts as a whole.

So far the knockoff carbs I have are still doing very well. I actually prefer them to some of the OEM carbs, especially on my 038.

I've read in numerous places that some of these factories in China are making products, like carburetors, for the name brand manufacturers during daytime. Then at night, a different shift comes in and they use the same facilities for making the very same items but selling them instead under different names and for the Chinese export market. Some Chinese knock offs sold real cheap may still be almost the very same item sold by a company like Stihl, just with corners cut here and there and less quality control.

No, I haven't tried any aftermarket carbs yet. I haven't been too impressed by what has been posted about them.

The assumption that all carbs made in China are all the same has me very skeptical. The crappy chinese pull starters
that I have bought don't sell me on the chinese parts as a whole.
You are right for sure! All carbs made in China are not quality. I have had some really good ones and wonder if they were made by the same factory as OEM? I can tell you some are made at lessor factories and cant be tuned right especially at idle.

Anyone tried this yet: http://www.walbro.com/carbcleaner/

Screen shot 2017-02-11 at 7.54.04 PM.png

They claim that it cleans better and does not damage internal components, like some other solvents can:
"WALBRO CARBURETOR & FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER
Walbro carburetor and fuel system cleaner is a specially formulated blend of cleaners and lubricants that will both remove harmful deposits and protect your fuel system from corrosion and excess varnish build-up."

There is a video discussing it at that link.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back