recommend boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems high to me.

Thats high? How about $400+, for the best lineman/climbing boots ever made, Viberg? Check out thier website, a boot for every working or outdoors man.

when you could get some USA made Danners or Hoffmans for just a few bucks more.Danner has some chinese boots too and they suck.i have heard the USA ones are much better.

i'm sure the Vibergs are great boots and i'm glad you like them but it is your opinion.seems more people swear by the Wescos.

i couldn't agree more.

+1. I don't understand why guys go cheap on boots. You're only issued two feet, why not take care of them right.

it's like the guy that buys the 25k Goldwing or 30k Ducati and buys the $100 HJC helmet. amazes me but some folks just don't get it.

wrapping strap around shank

I tried what u folks advised me to and it worked great. thanks for the advice.

when you could get some USA made Danners or Hoffmans for just a few bucks more.Danner has some chinese boots too and they suck.i have heard the USA ones are much better.

i'm sure the Vibergs are great boots and i'm glad you like them but it is your opinion.seems more people swear by the Wescos.

Viberg is specialty boot manufacturerer out of Victoria BC and has a limited market penetration, hence fewer people will have had the opportunity to try them and will prefer the better known brands.

Vibergs are made from water buffalo hide, and can be repair/resoled several times.

i'm not doubting they are great boots.

Viberg is specialty boot manufacturerer out of Victoria BC and has a limited market penetration, hence fewer people will have had the opportunity to try them and will prefer the better known brands.

Vibergs are made from water buffalo hide, and can be repair/resoled several times.

they look very well made.

reachtreeservi, yes I wrap them but it's the the top strap digging into shin. I can't seem to get it tight enough to prevent them from twisting.

As long as we are talking about boots what does everyone use for pruning jobs ? I don't prune yet but hopefully after arborculture class I will be. Shooting for arborist license by mid summer.

K-Mart sells a 8 " boot w/ square heel. The interior of the boot has that sweat away material ( socks stay dry ) on 90 degree days. Climbers stay put & I use 2 pr. a yr.. Great & comfortable w/ good arch support. Usually on sale buy one pr. 2nd. 50% off. Normally $ 44.95 plus 1/2 off 2 nd.

K-Mart sells a 8 " boot w/ square heel. The interior of the boot has that sweat away material ( socks stay dry ) on 90 degree days. Climbers stay put & I use 2 pr. a yr.. Great & comfortable w/ good arch support. Usually on sale buy one pr. 2nd. 50% off. Normally $ 44.95 plus 1/2 off 2 nd.

I like to climb in those winterlined snow boots. I like the rubber sole, good grip and its doesn't hurt the trees as a much as a hard lugged boot. The boots are so thick that I can tightened the spur straps as tight as possible, they spurs stay put and my feet can move around.
I picked up a pair of 180 dollar hunting boots for 1/2 price which are sort of the same thing. I do not like the high healed Redwing type "bricks" at all. I feel like I am walking funny and they are not very comfortable at all. I have found that the high heal does not do much to keep the spurs from moving around. If you crank the straps tight you lose circulation and your feet fold over. Keep the redwings I will take columbia, for half price of course.

i meant............

Thats high? How about $400+, for the best lineman/climbing boots ever made, Viberg? Check out thier website, a boot for every working or outdoors man.

it sounds high for Georgia boots.it's not like they are made in Georgia of the USA.i have no problem paying top dollar for a quality product but i'm not paying $190 for Georgias from China when Bailey's is selling Hoffman's for $220-235 from the good 'ol USA.just doesn't make sense.

Have a look at the meindl forestry boot, ( google them)quite expensive, made in germany, very comfortable and hard wearing boot, my last pair lasted 4-5 years! I had a pair of red wing logger boots (insulated) when I worked in the states but I found that the cuban heel gave me sore feet when I was doing a lot of ground work, especially line trimming or street tree work where I was walking on tarseal all day..

The meindl's make great motorbike boots too..

There is also another brand Haix which are very similar to the meindls...

meindl makes a great boot for sure.

they make hiking boots for Cabelas here.there are a nice pair on the Hoffman's website but they don't offer size 13.it looks like i am going with Hoffman's unless i can find a stocking LaSportiva dealer here.i have a pair from years ago but they don't fit anymore.i'd rather wear them than what i have worn so far.

Wow, I've never heard such a technical discussion about boots...

I do landscape construction during the summers. At the beginning of every season I pick up a pair of Timberland Pro Series. Typical steel toe construction boot. $80 gets through the whole year and then some working 60-70 hours a week. I really like them. They're pretty comfortable and never hurt my feet... at least not more than any other boot would after a 14 hour shift. They should have 'em at Meijer. With that out the way though, I can't wait to get my hands on a nice pair of Red Wings.

Also, there seems to be a lot of talk about "logger" boots. Would someone in construction, like myself, see any advantages in getting a pair? Or are they more specifically designed from climbing and forestry work? Should I check 'em out, or stick with the style I've been using?

Meijer ain't everywhere.

only one i have seen outside Michigan is in Kentucky just over the river from Cincinnati Ohio off I-75.

i doubt you will like the heel on a logger for construction.i don't like it for logging.

Latest posts

Back