Red and White blues...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roland, it sounds like you got a good deal alright! See what those 090's go for over here. Now the seller taped the bars to the outside of the box? Was he drinking when he did that? It can be hard enough keeping them inside the box! :cheers:

I agree. It seems like 75% of the saws come in to me with the bars poking out of the box or gone completely.

As for the 090AV that was a very good deal. Be very careful protecting the rear supporting fork as they are tough to find. I have yet to get a 090AV either old version or new version.

Bill

Roland, it sounds like you got a good deal alright! See what those 090's go for over here. Now the seller taped the bars to the outside of the box? Was he drinking when he did that? It can be hard enough keeping them inside the box! :cheers:

I know, but the guy was very nice and although I instructed to pack it very well (I gave 15 $ tip), he had no clue of the risk he was taking. Them bars were long and I'd preferred he'd put them in the box, even sticking out .
We all learn the hard way I guess..:cry:

I was lucky to find another 090AV in excellent shape to finish the collection.
now I have nice twins, perfect runners !

090avnsmall.jpg

090avtwinasmall.jpg

I also found a special 090G in two men version which I will pick up in a few weeks. Yes, it was a good week :) :)

Masonry saw...

The chain is a carbide tip type that was used to cut ...limestone and must have cost a small fortune. The previous owner was a masonry specialized in the restauration of old churches and buildings.

The bar and chain are orignal Stihl (at least the bar) and very heavy, imo a little too heavy for this saw. But the gear drive pulled it without problems apparently. I had to take a drive link out since the chain was too long, but having not the right tools, it was a little project in itself. :confused:

Last edited:
The chain is a carbide tip type that was used to cut ...limestone. The previous owner was a masonry specialized in the restauration of old churches and buildings.

The bar and chain are orignal Stihl (at least the bar) and very heavy, imo a little too heavy for this saw. But the gear drive pulled it without problems apparently. I had to take a drive link out since the chain was too long, but having not the right tools, it was a little project in itself. :confused:

Is the air filter housing an original Stihl part?

Belgian,

Thanks for posting the pics. Have you had any luck on the saw we discussed earlier?

Sincerely,
Bill

Belgian,

Thanks for posting the pics. Have you had any luck on the saw we discussed earlier?

Sincerely,
Bill

Sorry Bill, no luck yet. you are high on my list though :cheers:

the 090G shown seems in fact to be officially a Stihl 090 S1 (built especially for cutting stone, and can be used as a one man saw). There's also a S2 version apparently for use with 2 men only.

That is a cool rig! I bet it was a three man operation, with one guy holding the water hose......

I can say with certainty that Stihl products are very useful to a stonecutter....
:yourock:

Roland, I really like the old Contras!:bowdown: I hope to get to hear one run someday!

:cheers:
That is a cool rig! I bet it was a three man operation, with one guy holding the water hose......

I can say with certainty that Stihl products are very useful to a stonecutter....
:yourock:

Roland, I really like the old Contras!:bowdown: I hope to get to hear one run someday!

Hey, teacherman, you're welcome to run one at my place anytime....Come on over if you happen to be in europe one day. You can enjoy a nice beer to boot !

Last edited:
On my way...

Dear Belgian,

My plans are nearly finalized now for the upcoming trip.

I will arrive Amsterdam on 27 October and down to Belgium by car for a customer visit on Tuesday, 28 October. Then down to France for a day or two, and back through Belgium on the way back to Amsterdam. My colleague says it will be no trouble to make a detour to see you.

So, let me know if you will be around on Friday 31 October or Saturday, 1 November so I can see about getting a plan together. My return to USA is scheduled for Sunday, 2 November.

Mark

P.S. I will send a PM with my contact information.

Dear Belgian,

My plans are nearly finalized now for the upcoming trip.

I will arrive Amsterdam on 27 October and down to Belgium by car for a customer visit on Tuesday, 28 October. Then down to France for a day or two, and back through Belgium on the way back to Amsterdam. My colleague says it will be no trouble to make a detour to see you.

So, let me know if you will be around on Friday 31 October or Saturday, 1 November so I can see about getting a plan together. My return to USA is scheduled for Sunday, 2 November.

Mark

P.S. I will send a PM with my contact information.

Shoot Mark, what took you so long ....LOLOLOL.:hmm3grin2orange:
Sent you a pm also.:cheers:

Back