Redmax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw is an animal ..cuts nearly as fast as my 576 for half the money ..it is a tad heavy but unless you plan on limbing with it it's non issue (too me anyway)...i'm not sure the carb is the same as the 570 as the air filter set-up is different - great saw for the $449 that dealer on ebay was selling them for

Is husky building the 7000 or is Redmax/Zenoah building the 570? Not being a smartass, just curious since I've used Zenoah engines in the past and liked them.
I'm tempted on a GZ4500 but I'd like to know if its still a Zenoah? Perhaps it is but is now stamped Husqvarna? I haven't had one in my hand to know.

Thanks burg. I know they're the same a saw, I just couldn't remember if the 7000 was around before the buyout. I found just now that the 7000 and 5300 were both Huskies rebadged.

Thanks guys. I owned a GZ400 in Craftsman yellow and was impressed. Now I see the GZ4500 very reasonable on ebay. Do you know if it's undergone any design changes since Husky bought them? If that's still a Zenoah saw, I think it would be a good buy.

Thanks guys. I owned a GZ400 in Craftsman yellow and was impressed. Now I see the GZ4500 very reasonable on ebay. Do you know if it's undergone any design changes since Husky bought them? If that's still a Zenoah saw, I think it would be a good buy.
Pretty sure it's unchanged. I'd like to have one!

It would stand to reason that they wouldn't put money in a current model. I'm just surprised the 5300, and 7000 ever happened, at least in Redmax colors.

Watch the redmax top handle.picked one up at the local dealer and it has made in china on the serial number badge under the bar cover.can't see paying that much for a chinese saw.

There was a right of way crew in our area a few years back and funny thing is they were using 2 saws mentioned here. They had 570's for there big saws and groundys had 4500 Red Max's. Guy told me they used lots of the 570's

Redmax saws are some of the best bang for the buck you can get. Pro saw case and cylinder for home owner stihl and husky prices. My only complaints are the choke mechanism is a bit flimsy and I don't like the fuel and oil caps on the 4000 and 4300. Operationally, my chimp tweaked GZ4000 is incredible for it's size.

Watch the redmax top handle.picked one up at the local dealer and it has made in china on the serial number badge under the bar cover.can't see paying that much for a chinese saw.
Jughead, do you know if it was a 31cc or 35cc model?
That's to bad, the top handles made years ago were good Japanese saws.

Then again the GZ400/Ryobi 10532 were Chinese made versions of the GZ4000 (same engine though). The thing is, they are slightly better than the GZ4000 - better ZAMA carb with sturdier choke linkage, a little more room under the air filter cover, and a purge bulb.

haha that GZ7000 has been on eBay for a long time brand new. If its the one i'm thinking of, i thought about it on and off.. the price was great. Please let us know how it stacks up to your other saws.

Latest posts

Back