reindeer games

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always address me toe to toe. The long-standing members should honor the responsibility to show correct chain sharpening on youtube especially if they quote even more long-standing members. I know you wouldn't hacksaw your file down to nothing. Its clear the kid doesn't know what he's doing read the replies.
Not the old "toe to toe" comment :D

Firstly I didn't even watch the video that this thread is about - I don't have to. Secondly I don't even care about the filing technique shown - right or wrong. Of all the dickheads running saws that you can find on the internet I often wonder why you'd start a thread about this video prior to realising it's a member? It's as if you actually wanted a confrontation.
I'm not here to protect Wes, but it didn't take long for your comments to drag out others. Fact is that you haven't even been here 3 weeks, you've made a crapload of posts, and already disrespected a well known and well liked member. Whether he can file properly or not isn't even the point here. Comments like "the kid" say it all. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and an attempt to openly belittle or attempt to humiliate another member.
Also as far as internet videos go I can assure you that regardless of how technically precise you may be in said video, there are always those people who know better, or at least think they do.

"Overdose," thanks Hacksaw, I like that. It fits. Where intensity meets passion on the quest for excellence I do overdose on enthusiasm and bombast, no doubt.:)

I'm not going to bother telling you how to file. A first place GTG saw?

lol

-Big O
Whats your real name buddy? No ********.

If you're a decent bloke then this forum has a place for you

Whats your real name buddy?

Angus.

Firstly I didn't even watch the video that this thread is about - I don't have to. Secondly I don't even care about the filing technique shown - right or wrong.

Exactly....

Also as far as internet videos go I can assure you that regardless of how technically precise you may be in said video, there are always those people who know better, or at least think they do.

That's what I said. If you didn't see reindeer's video and he won't show it to you, then you're down to using your imagination based on the replies from other AS members plus your own experience. If your skills are sound and you execute well enough to confidently display it, you don't need to consider backing down from trolls.

If you're a decent bloke then this forum has a place for you

I agree. The more experience we can get here the better. As many would know if you Google almost anything to do with chainsaws Arboristsite pops up. This used to be a place where nearly every thread had something interesting in it and we could all learn something from some very high end guys. Many of them have since left or simply lurk in the shadows as the ******** levels got too much.

I agree. The more experience we can get here the better. As many would know if you Google almost anything to do with chainsaws Arboristsite pops up. This used to be a place where nearly every thread had something interesting in it and we could all learn something from some very high end guys. Many of them have since left or simply lurk in the shadows as the ******** levels got too much.
Happy new year Matt

Reactions: MCW

This was always how I had imagined Wes sounding!
I'm somewhat renown for posting videos which make me look less than super-awesome. Folks frequently point out my numerous failings, and I couldn't care less.
If OC is indeed BA coming on on a different IP, y'all really shouldn't engage. The dude is truly gifted at the Internet forum smack down, and y'all'll just wind up losing. Like the time Blazin called me a slut on my Facebook thingy. That stung.

No need to be an ass. That video is mine. When I ran square file, MDavelee showed me how to sharpen in from the cuter in. I do not run my saws out of gas The compression and timing advance were a bit high, and it would take a bit of time to come down off idle. I have since fixed it.

If you watch the video, you'll notice that chain cuts extremely well, and it does so for a long time, in hard wood. If you listen to me in the video, I state I am not using any pressure while I am pulling the file back. I am only giving it pressure enough to keep it in the gullet and aligned for the next stroke.

The whippet is at a rescue I volunteer for. I spend a lot of my free time helping lurchers, Greyhounds, etc find homes.
That video with the whippet is in the mobile home used for storage and for a break room
:clap::clap:

I'm not here to protect Wes, but it didn't take long for your comments to drag out others. Fact is that you haven't even been here 3 weeks, you've made a crapload of posts, and already disrespected a well known and well liked member. Whether he can file properly or not isn't even the point here.

Comments like "the kid" say it all. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and an attempt to openly belittle or attempt to humiliate another member.

He's been here a long time.

Truth

This was always how I had imagined Wes sounding!
I'm somewhat renown for posting videos which make me look less than super-awesome. Folks frequently point out my numerous failings, and I couldn't care less.
If OC is indeed BA coming on on a different IP, y'all really shouldn't engage. The dude is truly gifted at the Internet forum smack down, and y'all'll just wind up losing. Like the time Blazin called me a slut on my Facebook thingy. That stung.

I sound more like Bill than that Scotsman(yup, he is Scottish and not Irish). Hrm, I also act more like Bill. Well, I've lived here long enough I can easily tell the difference. I'm nearly an honorary Irishman. I've been living here half the time since 2007, and visiting since 1996. I was born on a military base in Asia. My mother was Japanese, and my father was Cherokee/German and an air-force man. So, I have been around. My accent is from my father(whom was originally from Oklahoma) and the fact I have spent half my life in Texas. I can swear rather well in Japanese, though.

The funny thing is when I posted that vid, I was considering keeping it private. The camera is not six inches from the bar, so when I pull the file back, it makes it sound much louder and stronger than it really is. I was also fixing the fact it got rocked a bit when I was cutting firewood. I already got one comment on the vid about it. So, I had a feeling I was going to have to go private sooner or later. Because no one believes you if you do something different than they think you are doing. So, why bother? It's just not my job to defend myself or to argue on the internet. I am a professional, and I keep my equipment running well enough to do my job, and to keep my job. I have the respect of everyone I have met in person in the PNW and in the UK and Ireland. I have learned a lot from the folks here and there, and I put it to good use. It simply is not worth it to broadcast stuff on the internet any more for all the arm chair Nazis.

Anywho, I got some freshly made fish and chips done up by the French volunteers on the organic farm side of this estate. I'll try and enjoy it and the rest of my day.

If OC is indeed BA coming on on a different IP, y'all really shouldn't engage. The dude is truly gifted at the Internet forum smack down, and y'all'll just wind up losing.

Novel stuff. HuskStihl you kinda get 'em comin' and going. lol Butt they's strength in numbers in the battle royale. hee haw.

Here's what thomas1 would say if he had a decent vocabulary. ROFL

Now that the kid deleted the video he only affords newcomers to the thread the simple opportunity to manufacture circumstance based on supposition and tainted viewpoints from biased sources. Typical stuff when you have a weak case.:)

This is my second account.

??????

You can always address me toe to toe. Don't put on the air.

The long-standing members should honor the responsibility to show correct chain sharpening on youtube especially if they quote even more long-standing members. I know you wouldn't hacksaw your file down to nothing. Its clear the kid doesn't know what he's doing read the replies.

I questioned it myself if it was a joke five fundamental mistakes in the technique.

You know what I think......I think you're an azzhole!!

Firstly I didn't even watch the video that this thread is about - I don't have to. Secondly I don't even care about the filing technique shown - right or wrong. Of all the dickheads running saws that you can find on the internet I often wonder why you'd start a thread about this video prior to realising it's a member? It's as if you actually wanted a confrontation.
I'm not here to protect Wes, but it didn't take long for your comments to drag out others. Fact is that you haven't even been here 3 weeks, you've made a crapload of posts, and already disrespected a well known and well liked member. Whether he can file properly or not isn't even the point here. Comments like "the kid" say it all. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and an attempt to openly belittle or attempt to humiliate another member.
Perfectly said Matt.

Someone shitcan this douche

I had no intentions of slamming anyone. Tapping the file peens the very tips of the teeth and they break or round over. It's worse than rubbing on the back stroke.

Files shouldn't be stored in drawers either. It's "machine shop 101" and the best practice.

Do what you want.

The fish and chips sounds good. Happy New Year!

The funny thing is when I posted that vid, I was considering keeping it private.

No the funny thing is, the cool close-up camera angle was what made the vid worth watching in the first place. It had good resolution, too. Then you began to talk........

The camera is not six inches from the bar, so when I pull the file back, it makes it sound much louder and stronger than it really is. I was also fixing the fact it got rocked a bit when I was cutting firewood. I already got one comment on the vid about it. So, I had a feeling I was going to have to go private sooner or later. Because no one believes you if you do something different than they think you are doing.

It ruins files prematurely to drag them. They are your files and your chain is sharp. There's no use being defensive.

So, why bother?.

.....because if you are good at it, it enhances everyone's experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back