replace cs-370 for ms-250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
i am thinking about replacing my cs-370 for a ms-250. the 250 is 45cc's and going to use it for limbing and sell the 370. I didn't look at it the other day real close but i think it is sealed on the low side. I might be wrong. Is that saw adjustable on the low and high side??? If i do get it i will run a 16" b/c

i am thinking about replacing my cs-370 for a ms-250. the 250 is 45cc's and going to use it for limbing and sell the 370. I didn't look at it the other day real close but i think it is sealed on the low side. I might be wrong. Is that saw adjustable on the low and high side??? If i do get it i will run a 16" b/c

my 026 pulls the 16 inch easy, I know its a little bigger than the 025 but oh well. Scott, if i ever get photos to load up on my mac, ill show you the pic of the poulan you sent me. I welded a down spout on the muffler where you drilled it. looks killer! Good luck selling your big saws.

Just curious, why? I will admit it i miss my echo :( If i didnt trade it i wouldnt be able to get me a 026 :) :)

Last edited:
my 026 pulls the 16 inch easy, I know its a little bigger than the 025 but oh well. Scott, if i ever get photos to load up on my mac, ill show you the pic of the poulan you sent me. I welded a down spout on the muffler where you drilled it. looks killer! Good luck selling your big saws.

glad that poulan worked out ok, you need to port it:hmm3grin2orange: you need to post a pic of it when you can. i just sold the 600p today. if you want another poulan i have a good running 3314:chainsawguy:

i am just tossing it around right now

Heres my opinion, I would sell all of them except for the 361. I dont think you need any limbing saws unless your back is really bad? I had that poulan 3700 and it was right at 61cc was perfect except for the weight and lack of parts......

Heres my opinion, I would sell all of them except for the 361. I dont think you need any limbing saws unless your back is really bad? I had that poulan 3700 and it was right at 61cc was perfect except for the weight and lack of parts......

i have to have a light saw for limbing. My back is deteriorated and fused. that is 1 of the reasons why i sold the 600p. the 361 is right at 1 pd lighter which made a big difference for me. I have a very tough time with anything over 14 pds cutting

glad that poulan worked out ok, you need to port it:hmm3grin2orange: you need to post a pic of it when you can. i just sold the 600p today. if you want another poulan i have a good running 3314:chainsawguy:

it wasn't easy explaining the last one to the wife, but what the hay is wrong with asking.........how much?

i have to have a light saw for limbing. My back is deteriorated and fused. that is 1 of the reasons why i sold the 600p. the 361 is right at 1 pd lighter which made a big difference for me. I have a very tough time with anything over 14 pds cutting
Ah ok, well i maybe wrong but isnt the 260pro lighter then the 370? I looked at the 026 specs and its like 10 pounds or something, and if i remember right the 370 was 12 pounds.

I don't have any personal experience with the CS370, but I can say I'm really fond of the 025/MS250. It is a reasonably priced saw, dependable, and has great power to weight ratio.

well the echo is as you know a good little saw, the 250 is nice also, but not sure if the oiler is adjustable? Since you are wanting something light maybe think about a husky 435(9.3lbs)? I know for a fact that they have fully adjustable carbs like the echo.

comparison

I have the Echo cs-370 and Stihl ms-250. My uncle has the Echo cs-400.

370 is 16", semi chisel, safety, 3/8" LP
400 is 18", semi chisel, safety, 3/8" LP
stihl is 18", full chisel, non safety, .325"
All have the needles adjusted properly. None have any intake/exhaust mods.

Stihl is much faster (even when running Stihl RMC chain)

The 370 is only a little lighter than the Stihl when held out by one hand in a tree (Suprising since the Stihl bar is longer, thicker, and taller due to the larger sprocket nose). The stihl seems to have a little shorter of a body. Maybe that's why.

The Echos are much quieter. They also have adjustable oilers which I like, but I have never had a lack of oil with the stihl.

I usually pick up the Stihl first. Even on the ground I grab the Stihl over the Husky 455. I love it for it's weight, price, and power.

If buying new, I would pick the Stihl. I don't think I would sell the Echo to buy the Stihl though.

I have the Echo because it was a great price as a refurbished unit. Previous owner said the chain did not stay on. Seeing the chain that was removed I realized the previous owner had no idea that rocks dull a chain and therefore probably had no idea how to tension the chain correctly.

I have the Echo cs-370 and Stihl ms-250. My uncle has the Echo cs-400.

370 is 16", semi chisel, safety, 3/8" LP
400 is 18", semi chisel, safety, 3/8" LP
stihl is 18", full chisel, non safety, .325"
All have the needles adjusted properly. None have any intake/exhaust mods.

Stihl is much faster (even when running Stihl RMC chain)

The 370 is only a little lighter than the Stihl when held out by one hand in a tree (Suprising since the Stihl bar is longer, thicker, and taller due to the larger sprocket nose). The stihl seems to have a little shorter of a body. Maybe that's why.

The Echos are much quieter. They also have adjustable oilers which I like, but I have never had a lack of oil with the stihl.

I usually pick up the Stihl first. Even on the ground I grab the Stihl over the Husky 455. I love it for it's weight, price, and power.

If buying new, I would pick the Stihl. I don't think I would sell the Echo to buy the Stihl though.

I have the Echo because it was a great price as a refurbished unit. Previous owner said the chain did not stay on. Seeing the chain that was removed I realized the previous owner had no idea that rocks dull a chain and therefore probably had no idea how to tension the chain correctly.

You need to do do a muff modd on your uncle's CS400, you'ld never pick up the 250 after that. Steve

+1

The CS-370/400's respond very well to a muffler mod and custom tuning.

My neighbor has an MS-250. I've tuned it for him, and swapped the metal kill strap back on the correct side of the choke/stop switch a couple of times for him.

Nothing overly impressive about the MS-250, runs OK, not any stronger than my Husqvarna 435 running the same size bar and chain.....Cliff

Nothing overly impressive about the MS-250, runs OK, not any stronger than my Husqvarna 435 running the same size bar and chain.....Cliff

Hard to believe considering the 250 and my buddy's 445 are pretty much equal in cutting speed. They were both running 18", .325" chisel chain.

Considering they are about the same price, displacement, bar size... it makes a lot of sense.

Funny I've heard a similar comment from a guy telling me how his Husky 460 would eat my Echo 8000 as a snack.

Latest posts

Back