Replacing starter rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ill post pics tommorow.

I have an echo cs 305. When I went to start it the dang knot in the went right through the t-handle. Im in the field so I have to cut the knot and re tie, well luck would have it slipped from my hand and went right into the saw.So I have to go deeper in to the saw :angry:.
Now the rope is hanging out about 4-5 inches after tying a new knot..
Which kinda scares me becuase i dont want the rope getting caught in the chain casuing me to be in a world of hurt.

Is there a trick to get it to pull tight again.
Can the rope only be replaced? If so is it very exspensive if i did it myself.

Thanks

rope

WHat I would do is get a piece of fishing string and tie it on the rope when it is wound on their and then pull that out through the hole so it would pull against the recoil then I would get a pair of vice grips and put them on the rope to keep it from going in their tie the knot and be done. Starter rope is really cheap I got 200 feet from baileys for $8.00.

Pull the starter cover back off. You will likely find a notch in the pulley, it's there for a reason. Pull the rope about 1/2 way out then while keeping the pulley from turning feed a loop of rope thru the notch. Wind the pulley one revolution tighter then let the rope wind back around the pulley. Very easy to show you how to do it, harder to put into words. Someday, I'll photo the whole job and post the pictures.

Back