Response to tree huggers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tree huggers

Mr.Gump,Don't pat yourself on the back too much,even the red necks knows what a fargin idiot is

Did Gump stick his foot in his mouth again (still)? Idunno, as I put him on ignore a week ago. It was too irritating.

One thing my old man taught me a long time ago- When you find yourself in a hole, the FIRST thing to do is STOP DIGGING!:blob5:

Bubba

Where do you come up with this stuff? If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bs.

Your definition intrigued me, so I looked up 'fargin idiot' in my Funk & Wagnall's, and lo and behold, sure enough, there was your picture.

Somebody give that man a shovel.

Good Lord

I'm glad to see everyone here has a sense of humor.:rolleyes:
Who is this "Gump" person you speak of???

Scape Goat

Well I guess I can proudly say that I am this wonderful sites scape goat. I tried to crack a joke or be mr funny but it just gets thrown in my face. I really dont know why you guys choose to make deragatory remarks about me. Is it fun? Do you feel big? Maybe your self-esteem got a kick. Hey if I am what you need to feel better about yourself then by all means put me in the dirt and stomp on me. Arboriculture, it seems, is a tight nit courtier. I have been a member of several prestigious memberships and never have I felt to make a new member feel so unwelcome with such untasteful manners sometimes it reaks of vile venomous vomit. I really am in awe of the general character of this board. I have tried to conduct myself as a new member should. I have tried to treat people with respect and dignity and very few have returned such behavior. Its just time to start using the ignore option. If you really dont like me and dont want anything to do with me I want you to say the most horrific, dasteredly, lurid, detestable, pretentious, condescending, (I'll stop now cause I know you dont even know what half of these words mean) words possible about me. Give me your best shot....I'll probably just laugh at the pathetic responses. Do this so I will know who here is out for a laugh and who is here to offer their help. For those who have offered nothing but your help and friendship you should be so proud as to set the example of the way you treat a new member to a group. I have done nothing to deserve any of this....I have been treated so poorly since the FIRST threa by most. Way to be a lowlife and prejudge someone for being a capitalist and wanting to open a business and just get some advice from some professionals. If its for that reason I got the treatment I have then some of you have more problems than I thought.

quit digging, Gump

Dunno what you posted, but I guarantee it says something like "I didn't do anything wrong, and you guys are SOOO MEAN! All I want is some advice!"

If you want advice, quit your dam* whining! ASK about BUILDING your skills! If you want an 'atta-boy' for starting a 'tree service' with NO experience or knowledge, call your momma!
Until then, SHUT UP!:angry:

Hi Forrest. You don't Know me, but.... I'm one who wants to help you. (I think all here are willingto help if you can read between the lines and personalities)
I'm a Certified Arborist and have been climbing for 12 years. (just a bit of background) I learn more by listening and by reading old threads from months ago. I suggest you do the same . You don't have to give your two cents worth on every topic. If you don't understand something, be patient, maye the next persons reply will answer your question.
If you are really here to learn you'll take to heart my opinion. If you are here for the social fun and interaction,It might be too late. A lot of guys are put off by your antics. (we can forgive though. It will take time) LISTEN MORE AND SAY LESS
Become a voyeur. If you do you will learn. If you Don't..... well Let's not go there
Tied in,
Jesse

Unbelievable

Jesse,
How refreshing to get a response from one of the few gentlemen on this board. I did take heart to your post and have fully considered your thoughts. I am here to learn first and socialize second. I thought it could be enjoyable to learn and socialize to make it a more complete experience but a week ago or so I decided that the social part was not coming through because few here were willing to socialize with me, the young unexperienced guy with an unfamiliar sense of humor, and decided to ridicule me for having a dream of opening this business. I wont put up with the ridicule anymore and will now resort to putting more than half of the members on ignore as long as I dont have to read another senseless verbal abusement towards me. Thank you for being honest and offering of your help. Nothing in life is free and somehow I would like to do something for all those that helped me so far and in the future. I am very intelligent in other fields and would be MORE than willing to help answer any questions that people may have in areas of academia that I am knowledgable in. Once again, thank you for being one of the true gentlemen on this board.

Gump, He very politely told you to shut your trap and learn if that is what you are really here for.
TC165, you hit the nail on the head, time for me to learn how that ingnore feature works.
Gump, look at how you single handedly diverted everyone off topic, your specialty!
FUBAR tree Care --is a great name.
Greg

The best route is a nice polite response much like JPSs earlier post. Whatever you do, don't let them get you riled up. Their only hope is that we'll get hot under the collar and somehow make them feel threatened.

If you know what you are doing is right, that is really all that matters.

Lineman

Thank you for trying to get this thread back on topic. If we can only get Gump out of it- he thinks you were talking to him..... :rolleyes:

shouldn't there be a moderator or shouldn't people post a new thread if they just want to start kicking Gump around. Like the tree huggers - they are really easy to kick around but what do you get out of it?? If that is how you get your jollies, I think they have websites dedicated to that.

Can we just have a new thread every time like "Gump uses big words to make up for a lack of TREE experience" , "Gump gets ?????ed at for big words" , "Gump gets defended" , and "Gump pats defenders on the head"???? That way we know what is in every thread!!!

N

PS - I SAID TREE HUGGER!!!

I dont have EDIT authority yet. All I can do is admonish people and ask them to act their age.

We all know Forest is not mature enough to ignore the atacks, so the rest of us need...Oh I posted a similar message before! More then once!:rolleyes:

moving on...

.......................... anyway back to the topic:rolleyes:
i believe the cause of the unreasonable amount of people that 'disagree' with the removal/dead limb removal of dangereous trees is due to the misinfomation given through media and the education system.
I tend to view these sort people sympathetically, as it is not their fault that they've been misinformed at some stage or are so ignorant that they do not want to see the facts and the other side of the story.
My reply to these sort people is to first be polite and introduce myself and my company to them, then explain and point out the problems of the tree and why it is being removed.
If they see you as rude and ignorant, it will simply confirm their belief that you are a careless redneck.
I am not 'greenie' nor 'redneck' and prefer to see myself as a conservationist - the happy medium, i am saddened at times to see strong and healthy trees particually the more rare ones be removed for a hole to back the caravan into but think it is wrong for members of the public to attack me for removing it particually when it is not in my power to stop it unless losing buisness.

TP

it realy is a no win situation. a few weeks ago we were doing a willow in manhattan that up rooted and was laying on a 6 story building. we were proud of ourselves with some nice rigging work off roof tops, fire escapes and near by trees. we got this thing down with out tearing a screen let alone breaking a window. just as the climber was chunking the wood down. some lady starts screaming "why are you cutting down my favorite tree" . the response she got was " is it on your property?" NO "so go back inside.
i think the response has alot to do with the time of day and my pms. some times i'm nice , when its hot and i'm tired i end up getting nasty.

i love when we do small land clearing (single house lots) and people ask what are they going to build here? we usually tell them. low income houseing or a mens shelter. the look on their face's is great.

I dont get it

This lady was yelling at you for cutting this tree down and it was uprooted, leaning against a building?? Some people just dont have a life I swear. I am usually a nice guy as well but I dont think I would have the patience for that. Its one thing if its a perfectly healthy tree that someone wants cut down but the tree is uprooted! The nerve of this woman.

Latest posts

Back