Resurrecting the 480CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy P

Reaction score
I am trying to get my dad's old Husqvarna 480CD running so I can get my winter's firewood in. Winter is going to be here in about 2 days. Saw actually started and ran well but the fuel tank vent leaks badly. I have two different parts lists from 1978 &1981. One shows the tank vent as 3 pieces and the other as one piece. All part numbers come up as unavailable or obsolete. The saw is a 1978 or 79 model. Anybody know if I can adapt another tank vent or where I might find parts.

Any kind of check valve style vent will work. This types of vents will allow pressure that has built up in the tank, to escape. Ive made them for older stihls many times. Works like a charm!:msp_smile:

I love those older huskies, got my attention! If you run out of fans, come to our 2101 muscle saw thread, plenty husky talk. We posted recently about the vent deal too. My friend Jim uses the echo tank vent. I have not tried yet what was said above, but sure that works too. Sweet saw, like to see it.

Back