ridiculous questions....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
:dizzy:"This Forum is for experienced tree climbers. Ask beginner or new to the business questions in the Arborist 101 Forum."

What is so hard to understand? go to the forum you belong in and post, or keep your mouth shut, read and learn.

Typical youngster mentality, ask a complex question, instead of simply searching, and reading, and EARNING the answer.

the majority of people posting on this forum aren't even climbers.
or they have been for, my God, almost 2 years!!:hmm3grin2orange:

and before the usual idiots start up, I was young once, learning this craft, AND the electricial trade, and I never acted so trifling and foolish. I didn't ask how to do something without getting the experience so neccessary to being good at it. typical apprenticeships are around 5 years long, with a hard test at the end.

all these "climbers" with a year or 2 or 3 can do it, but they aren't fully competent to dispense advice.

I'm done, and God I'm bored. :cheers:

Screw you

Yeah so I didn't pan down far enough before posting, so sue me. All it would have took was simple answer to point me in the right direction, but no you gotta be a jerk! Been doing this for 20 years (ISA cert for 15) but don't spend all my time on forums so wasn't familar with this one.:sucks:

Yeah so I didn't pan down far enough before posting, so sue me. All it would have took was simple answer to point me in the right direction, but no you gotta be a jerk! Been doing this for 20 years (ISA cert for 15) but don't spend all my time on forums so wasn't familar with this one.:sucks:

Join the club, many people who post here have never read that stuff. :laugh:

If it's really a problem then a moderator can move the thread to a more appropriate section of this forum.

:dizzy:"This Forum is for experienced tree climbers. Ask beginner or new to the business questions in the Arborist 101 Forum."

What is so hard to understand? go to the forum you belong in and post, or keep your mouth shut, read and learn.

Typical youngster mentality, ask a complex question, instead of simply searching, and reading, and EARNING the answer.

the majority of people posting on this forum aren't even climbers.
or they have been for, my God, almost 2 years!!:hmm3grin2orange:

and before the usual idiots start up, I was young once, learning this craft, AND the electricial trade, and I never acted so trifling and foolish. I didn't ask how to do something without getting the experience so neccessary to being good at it. typical apprenticeships are around 5 years long, with a hard test at the end.

all these "climbers" with a year or 2 or 3 can do it, but they aren't fully competent to dispense advice.

I'm done, and God I'm bored. :cheers:

Can you please define what a "experienced tree climbers" are? Is it someone that has climbed 5, 10 ,15, 100, 1000 trees, and also while you are at it is there a height requirement on these trees need to be, what type of tree, what kind of weather, was the sun at you back.

You may not have "...ever acted so trifling and foolish..." you are making up for lost time...

Until that information has been posted and made a sticky... go screw yourself and the tree you came in on... :check:

So, the guy asked questions about tree equipment. What's the big deal? Have you looked down through the threads for the last couple days on this forum?

Jeff with an allman brother thread, yeah, that has a lot to do with climbing.
Jps pimping for a clothing outfit.
Three chipper threads and two grinder threads (both of which are equipment if i remember correctly.)
A thread about painting.
A thread about snow plowing.
Another music thread.
A guy looking to sell a bucket truck.
And the list could go on.

I know why these threads are here, i have started threads in commercial that should have gone elsewhere but i like to hear what my peers have to say. The guys on the other threads aren't my peers. I'd ask equipment questions here before going down to the equipment thread because the guys here have more of the experience i'm looking for on the type of equipment i'm using. Why don't you lay off the guy, if you don't like a thread, stay out of it.

Most of the people that visit this site are not arborist, they just own chainsaws. That should be the next thread...Who makes their living cutting trees.I think the replies may surprise you.
Slayer, I don't wana piss you off but when you post remarks like that I can only imagine how you act when a customer may ask a dumb qustion or one that gets frequently answered. :taped:

If it's really a problem then a moderator can move the thread to a more appropriate section of this forum.

As a moderator... I spend prolly 2/3rds of my time on here moving threads to the appropriate forums. Funny how I am a member of a lot of different forums on a lot of different topics... and this forum has the worst as far as misplaced posts. It might be because there are so darn many subforums. :)

Gary

As a moderator... I spend prolly 2/3rds of my time on here moving threads to the appropriate forums. Funny how I am a member of a lot of different forums on a lot of different topics... and this forum has the worst as far as misplaced posts. It might be because there are so darn many subforums. :)

Gary

Likely partially true, or that we are lazy.. or that many of us really only visit a couple of forums (back to your point :) )

This forum has become somewhat like an English Pub.. where we sit down and end of day with our brew and chat with the guys. Now nothing wrong with that I guess.. and a lot of good chat. But we do need to remember and respect the original intent of the forum as well.

Well.. actually the forum is not named "Professional Climbing", it is actually titled "Commercial Tree Care and Climbing".

Therefore any non-climbing questions and discussion is valid. Anything related to Commercial Tree Care should be valid.. as well as climbing.

Having said that.. to your point.. there is a lot of discussion that perhaps belongs in Arborist 101.. But a lot of the guys likely only spend 10% or less of their time there, so they (the poster of questions) likely find better answers to their questions here :confused: A no win situation..

Even we as professional tree care owners have a lot of side chat in here that is not even remotely related to Tree Care or Climbing. Is that wrong.. well guess it depends on who you ask maybe. Most of us enjoy it though.. as long as we self moderate and don't get out of hand we will likely be ok (I guess).

As this is officially titled "Commercial Tree Care and Climbing" should it be limited to ONLY full time Tree Workers.. Tree Company Owners.. etc? Just a question.. otherwise if not full time is it really a Commercial venture?

Last edited:
Most of the people that visit this site are not arborist, they just own chainsaws. That should be the next thread...Who makes their living cutting trees.I think the replies may surprise you.
Slayer, I don't wana piss you off but when you post remarks like that I can only imagine how you act when a customer may ask a dumb qustion or one that gets frequently answered. :taped:

You are likley correct on the chainsaw owner part (and not being arborist or even a tree worker of any kind in even a semi-professional manner).. and for the most part it does not hurt too much. Simply pick through the threads that you have interest in.. and move on.

So how do you guy's climb a tree, I am a lawn jockey but I get lots of trimming requests and the occasional removal. Would standing on the top rung of a forty foot ladder and using a pruner work. Would it be better to just head them there so they would be easier for me to reach next time? Thanks I am just trying to learn trees so I can do them for my grass jobs:)

So how do you guy's climb a tree, I am a lawn jockey but I get lots of trimming requests and the occasional removal. Would standing on the top rung of a forty foot ladder and using a pruner work. Would it be better to just head them there so they would be easier for me to reach next time? Thanks I am just trying to learn trees so I can do them for my grass jobs:)

Yes I think you should head them right there so next time it is easier on you and the HO (home owner) next time.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes I think you should head them right there so next time it is easier on you and the HO (home owner) next time.:hmm3grin2orange:

Ok that's what I thought duh how could I be so stupid:dizzy: It brings up another problem though this tree is like 3 foot across at that height and my wild thing can't cut it I had to leave it notched and cut as there was 5 or so inches in the center I could not get cut. I was sort of worried about the fence and storage building too, they seem too close to where the top will land when I figure out how to cut the rest. I think the house will be ok it is under the tree but opposite direction of my notch. I don't really know how to cut the rest what would you do?

Ok that's what I thought duh how could I be so stupid:dizzy: It brings up another problem though this tree is like 3 foot across at that height and my wild thing can't cut it I had to leave it notched and cut as there was 5 or so inches in the center I could not get cut. I was sort of worried about the fence and storage building too, they seem too close to where the top will land when I figure out how to cut the rest. I think the house will be ok it is under the tree but opposite direction of my notch. I don't really know how to cut the rest what would you do?

I have this really old school hand saw that will do the trick. I would not worry about the fence and out building because you have notched it on the opposite side right? As far as the house is concerned, well you are insured right? Maybe you should use some cloths line to tie it off just to be sure.;)

You put the ladder on the roof of the house that way you can get higher

I have this really old school hand saw that will do the trick. I would not worry about the fence and out building because you have notched it on the opposite side right? As far as the house is concerned, well you are insured right? Maybe you should use some cloths line to tie it off just to be sure.;)

That may do the trick. Insurance, what is that? Think I have some on my truck.. not sure but maybe can check :hmm3grin2orange:

What are you charging for this job.. couple of hundred I guess would be enough ...

Latest posts

Back