ridiculous questions....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this really old school hand saw that will do the trick. I would not worry about the fence and out building because you have notched it on the opposite side right? As far as the house is concerned, well you are insured right? Maybe you should use some cloths line to tie it off just to be sure.;)

Hmmmm now that I think about it the notch which now looks like a beaver got hold of it, as; I kept trying to reach the center before it got too dark. I thought his home owners would cover the job , I only have lawn insurance, the tree stuff was too high. I can bring a cloths line thanks:yourock:

Ok that's what I thought duh how could I be so stupid:dizzy: It brings up another problem though this tree is like 3 foot across at that height and my wild thing can't cut it I had to leave it notched and cut as there was 5 or so inches in the center I could not get cut. I was sort of worried about the fence and storage building too, they seem too close to where the top will land when I figure out how to cut the rest. I think the house will be ok it is under the tree but opposite direction of my notch. I don't really know how to cut the rest what would you do?

That is so funny Rope.. the sad part is there is likely more truth in it that most of us realize.

That may do the trick. Insurance, what is that? Think I have some on my truck.. not sure but maybe can check :hmm3grin2orange:

What are you charging for this job.. couple of hundred I guess would be enough ...

Insurance on your truck should be enough right? I mean it is you business truck after all.

Hmmmm now that I think about it the notch which now looks like a beaver got hold of it, as; I kept trying to reach the center before it got too dark. I thought his home owners would cover the job , I only have lawn insurance, the tree stuff was too high. I can bring a cloths line thanks:yourock:

Glad I could help and good luck on your business we need more tree guys like yourself, keep up the good work.:laugh:

Last edited:
Sometimes it gets really annoying. I usually ignore it but when the carpenter, welder or whatever jackleg who isn't making it in his own self proclaimed profession asks how to jump into mine so he can screw up my market it really gets a irritating. As if we are a bunch of knuckle dragging thugs and anyone can do what we do. That really pisses me off.

Sometimes it gets really annoying. I usually ignore it but when the carpenter, welder or whatever jackleg who isn't making it in his own self proclaimed profession asks how to jump into mine so he can screw up my market it really gets a irritating. As if we are a bunch of knuckle dragging thugs and anyone can do what we do. That really pisses me off.

I am sorry but at least I cut grass for a while the home owner said he liked my prices. I am just trying to make a living and you guys are really helping me I will take some pics if you like?
Maybe you can give me some pointers?

Join the club, many people who post here have never read that stuff. :laugh:

QUOTE]

why would you post here? you're not a climber.:confused:

Hmmm you own a crystal ball? Oh wait, you're right I've never climbed a tree before. :dunno:

For the record that's me:
_DSC3348.JPG

So, the guy asked questions about tree equipment. What's the big deal? Have you looked down through the threads for the last couple days on this forum?

Jeff with an allman brother thread, yeah, that has a lot to do with climbing.
Jps pimping for a clothing outfit.
Three chipper threads and two grinder threads (both of which are equipment if i remember correctly.)
A thread about painting.
A thread about snow plowing.
Another music thread.
A guy looking to sell a bucket truck.
And the list could go on.

I know why these threads are here, i have started threads in commercial that should have gone elsewhere but i like to hear what my peers have to say. The guys on the other threads aren't my peers. I'd ask equipment questions here before going down to the equipment thread because the guys here have more of the experience i'm looking for on the type of equipment i'm using. Why don't you lay off the guy, if you don't like a thread, stay out of it.

:yourock::agree2::cheers:

So, the guy asked questions about tree equipment. What's the big deal? Have you looked down through the threads for the last couple days on this forum?

Jeff with an allman brother thread, yeah, that has a lot to do with climbing.
Jps pimping for a clothing outfit.
Three chipper threads and two grinder threads (both of which are equipment if i remember correctly.)
A thread about painting.
A thread about snow plowing.
Another music thread.
A guy looking to sell a bucket truck.
And the list could go on.

I know why these threads are here, i have started threads in commercial that should have gone elsewhere but i like to hear what my peers have to say. The guys on the other threads aren't my peers. I'd ask equipment questions here before going down to the equipment thread because the guys here have more of the experience i'm looking for on the type of equipment i'm using. Why don't you lay off the guy, if you don't like a thread, stay out of it.

Well it is Commercial Tree Care.. so I tend to agree. Asking a question about your stumper, or chipper in here (even though it may belong technically in the equipment forum) could also loosely be classed under Commercial Tree Care ..

Some of the others on the list.. hmm.. not sure. But hey it is all good.

I do see the point of original post however, a person who has never cut down a tree before.. posting in here when it really belongs elsewhere .. On other hand.. guys in here for the most are are pretty good at giving good responses and the knowledge in here for the most part is outstanding.

Wow imagine a thread where people are laughing and getting along that would be great all this jackleg and allman bros. talk is a major drag , and by the way I am not a treeclimber but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night ..

I am picturing JPS in a pimp out fit, big hat and all!

"wer mi muney at, beeeyaaaaatch"

" I am the Shoguuuuun of Harlem, wer Bruce Leroy at"

I do enjoy the "Irish Pub" feeling. I feel that here, amongst my kind, I can talk about stuff that you all understand, from a point nobody around me gets. Wife doesn't get excited as I do about a new rope, no fun talking about it with her! and personally, I don't mind the thread jumpers, its always exciting too see what is said!

Last edited:
I am picturing JPS in a pimp out fit, big hat and all!

"wer mi muney at, beeeyaaaaatch"

" I am the Shoguuuuun of Harlem, wer Bruce Leroy at"

I do enjoy the "Irish Pub" feeling. I feel that here, amongst my kind, I can talk about stuff that you all understand, from a point nobody around me gets. Wife doesn't get excited as I do about a new rope, no fun talking about it with her! and personally, I don't mind the thread jumpers, its always exciting too see what is said!

I am a :newbie: and have been lurking some time, my grass jobs get me all sorts of tree work.
You tree dudes have to get too much money that my customers use me. I usually end up making 175 per day is that good money for this work:monkey:

Wow imagine a thread where people are laughing and getting along that would be great all this jackleg and allman bros. talk is a major drag , and by the way I am not a treeclimber but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night ..

I like the Allman bros I mow the grass aty the H Inn they asked me to trim the many trees there which are really too small for you tree dudes. I can do them off a step ladder and they loved my 25 per hour bid you guys must be too expensive. Is being a tree guy mean lazy if you ain't making 100 per hour or what:dizzy:

Back