ridiculous questions....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dizzy:"This Forum is for experienced tree climbers. Ask beginner or new to the business questions in the Arborist 101 Forum."

What is so hard to understand? go to the forum you belong in and post, or keep your mouth shut, read and learn.

Typical youngster mentality, ask a complex question, instead of simply searching, and reading, and EARNING the answer.

the majority of people posting on this forum aren't even climbers.
or they have been for, my God, almost 2 years!!:hmm3grin2orange:

and before the usual idiots start up, I was young once, learning this craft, AND the electricial trade, and I never acted so trifling and foolish. I didn't ask how to do something without getting the experience so neccessary to being good at it. typical apprenticeships are around 5 years long, with a hard test at the end.

all these "climbers" with a year or 2 or 3 can do it, but they aren't fully competent to dispense advice.

I'm done, and God I'm bored. :cheers:

The magnificent!:hmm3grin2orange:Wow! You need to have a beer and chill dude! Sorry I'm not a tree climber and don't intend to be, but Your post caught my attention. Life can't be that bad can it?

I'm no firewood guru but here they refer to a rick as stacked 4' high and 8' long. I've always heard a cord referred to as 4' high and 16' long. Again, I am not a firewood salesman and only go by what I have learned in the locales where I have lived.

Oh yeah, wood is cut 18" to 22".

attachment.php

I don't thing most of the firewood guys deliver an honest cord.. hell, their sides aren't even high enough in most cases!

I'm no firewood guru but here they refer to a rick as stacked 4' high and 8' long. I've always heard a cord referred to as 4' high and 16' long. Again, I am not a firewood salesman and only go by what I have learned in the locales where I have lived.

Well by definition a cord is 128 cu ft of wood.. so based upon that it must be cut in 2 foot lengths.

4 X 16 X 2 = 128

Oh yeah, wood is cut 18" to 22". .

Let see 18" would give you 3/4 (or 75%) of a cord..
and 22" would give you - 92% of a cord..

Somebody getting shafted here..

Here is dictionary term:

cord (kôrd)
noun
3. Origin: from use of a cord in measuring a measure of wood cut for fuel, equal to 128 cubic feet (3.6 cu/m), as arranged in a pile 8 feet (2.4 m) long, 4 feet (1.2 m) high, and 4 feet (1.2 m) wide

Last edited:
Well by definition a cord is 128 cu ft of wood.. so based upon that it must be cut in 2 foot lengths.

4 X 16 X 2 = 128

Gotcha. I have read that somewhere before but totally forgot the numbers. To tell the truth, I give away most of my wood to neighbors and friends. I sell a little when someone calls and asks for it. We usually get requests for 18 to 22 inch sticks. Sometimes we will get requests for 24" wood. I like to cut it between 18" and 22" because it will fit in practically any stove or fireplace.

Gotcha. I have read that somewhere before but totally forgot the numbers. To tell the truth, I give away most of my wood to neighbors and friends. I sell a little when someone calls and asks for it. We usually get requests for 18 to 22 inch sticks. Sometimes we will get requests for 24" wood. I like to cut it between 18" and 22" because it will fit in practically any stove or fireplace.

18" to 22" here too. A friend just sent me an add from CL with a wood stove that will take only a 16" piece, asking if that was a good stove. I said no. Whoever makes these tiny little stoves should be hunted down and shot!

Whoever makes these tiny little stoves should be hunted down and shot!

:agree2:

Even if the wood is cut to 16" lengths, there is no reason that a stove needs to be that small. Adding 2 to 4 inches in firebox size would not make a whole lot of overall difference in stove size. And if you don't have enough room for a stove that holds 18-20" wood.. then I would suggest there is not enough room for any wood stove as they get hot.. and should not be close to much of anything (other than maybe cement or brick).

18" to 22" here too. A friend just sent me an add from CL with a wood stove that will take only a 16" piece, asking if that was a good stove. I said no. Whoever makes these tiny little stoves should be hunted down and shot!

Lol I have a lady that wants 12" wood but she pays me good.

Rick

Looked up rick for fun of it.. hey it's cold outside today :hmm3grin2orange:

Not sure I would want to buy by this definition.. does not give me a lot of confidence.

rick (rik)
noun
1. a stack of hay, straw, etc. in a field, esp. one covered or thatched for protection from rain
2. a pile of firewood like a cord, but of less width

What does that mean? "like a cord, but of less width"

My sides work :poke:

002-6.jpg

Maybe if you stacking it! :hmm3grin2orange:

I know what you see in my pick is a cord, because we stacked it in there once measured out, then dumped it, and threw it back on. I was hoping I was giving away more than a cord. I was actually thinking that it might not fit back on after we dumped it! Lol, firewood selling bites the big one!

....and yeah, I love the "my stove will only take a 16" piece" deal! call someone else lady!

Maybe if you stacking it! :hmm3grin2orange:

I know what you see in my pick is a cord, because we stacked it in there once measured out, then dumped it, and threw it back on. I was hoping I was giving away more than a cord. I was actually thinking that it might not fit back on after we dumped it! Lol, firewood selling bites the big one!

....and yeah, I love the "my stove will only take a 16" piece" deal! call someone else lady!

I can get a cord on it thrown but I usually stack a row in the front and back and it always stacks to over a cord. I have just thrown and had it be a slight bit shy or a hair over all firewood here is 16" more work for sure. Thrown only it has to be mounded all you can get on without a spill but it will make 3 rows 4 by 8 stacked.

Last edited:
Got two wife got one so three in the ice box may try again at Christmas!

I got two in the freezer but I let a friend process my first doe and let him keep some meat. I got a good count out of my buck and got around 40 Lbs of ground along with some steaks and chops. I need to get at least one more in the freezer and hopefully two. I got another buck tag so Hopefully it will be a big buck. :)

I got til Jan. 15th. Hoping to make something happen by then.

Latest posts

Back