rigging line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPY036

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to add 5/8 for an every day line I see huskeyII is cheaper and it is rated at 2000 pound more than stable braid but I am not sure if I will be happy with the strech. I would like to get 600' and make up a 250' ,200' and a 150' any thoughts on this. :cheers:

IMO 1/2 inch is the best everyday rigging line. I like stable-braid the best for cost/wear.

I hae a 9/16 for my big line and have acess to 3/4 for very big stuff.

Usuall, when you get into very big wood, you do not want very dynamic rope, but that is one of the factors in tensil. The 3/4 I use is a tighter weave, cuasing less streach, so we can block bigger chunks lower.

Only that and speed-lines are where I like low streach cordage. My 1/2 inch is high streach adding some extra SWL for running log sized chunks and big tops out with The Winch.

I like a 200 ft 1/2 inch, 150 of 9/16 and 100-120 of 3/4 because we do not need to haul that real heavy stuff all that high up. I only need 3/4 a few times a year.

Latest posts

Back