right place right time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puds

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother go into a hardware store that sells stihl saws. We notice that they only have 3 saws there. So we ask why no selection of saws. The sales guy finally admits they are not going to sell any more saws. So my brother sees a new 460 sitting there and tells the sales guy that he will buy it today with no bar or chain for 650 dollars after tax. Well the sales guy after a little bit finally agrees to the deal. Both me and my brother can't believe the guy agreed to it. So my brother pulls out the credit card and pays for the saw. After paying my brother looks at the reciept and sees the guy only charged him 600 dollars for it and he gave him some oil to. I could not believe that he got a brand new ms460 for 600 dollars. I don't think the owner of the store will be to happy with his salesman son when he looks at the price he sold the saw for. Sometimes it payes to deal with the salesman who did way to many drugs in his day.

Me and my brother go into a hardware store that sells stihl saws. We notice that they only have 3 saws there. So we ask why no selection of saws. The sales guy finally admits they are not going to sell any more saws. So my brother sees a new 460 sitting there and tells the sales guy that he will buy it today with no bar or chain for 650 dollars after tax. Well the sales guy after a little bit finally agrees to the deal. Both me and my brother can't believe the guy agreed to it. So my brother pulls out the credit card and pays for the saw. After paying my brother looks at the reciept and sees the guy only charged him 600 dollars for it and he gave him some oil to. I could not believe that he got a brand new ms460 for 600 dollars. I don't think the owner of the store will be to happy with his salesman son when he looks at the price he sold the saw for. Sometimes it payes to deal with the salesman who did way to many drugs in his day.

Was he doing drugs this day? Good score, I think, I have no idea what new Stihls go for.

Should have bought all three, no matter what they were!
Then Daddy would see what a great salesman the boy was cause they would be "out of the saw business"! LOL

Doesn't sound like much of a saw shop, and I am pretty sure the owner's son doesn't double as a skilled saw mechanic, but never the less just another sign that the chainsaw business is only truly alive and well on this forum.

I would not call this place a saw shop but rather a store with a little saw display. The whole store is a joke. My sister worked there for years and she told us the whole place was in trouble.Thats why we went in to see if there was a deal to be had.

...Sometimes it payes to deal with the salesman who did way to many drugs in his day.

Only sometimes. I deal with a lot of 'waited way too long to quit drugs & booze' folks at music stores. One guy explains things so slowly he puts me to sleep, & another fellow doesn't remember me the next day after I make a sizeable purchase the previous day. The store computers pretty much stop them from doing anything too stupid. Another 'light's on but nobody's home' fellow owns the store, but his wife runs it it with an iron fist.

Back on topic...nice chainsaw score!

he didn't go back and say "you mis-charged me"??? the guy agreed to give you a deal then accidently misses a 5 on the register and you didn't go back and tell him?
i have accidently left behind tomuch change at the grocery store and the clerk told me about it. i would definatly do the same if a buisness undercharged me.

he didn't go back and say "you mis-charged me"??? the guy agreed to give you a deal then accidently misses a 5 on the register and you didn't go back and tell him?
i have accidently left behind tomuch change at the grocery store and the clerk told me about it. i would definatly do the same if a buisness undercharged me.

+1

If you paid with a CC they can go back and modify the transaction on something like that.

Not legally. That's why they get your signature--you're agreeing to what's on the receipt, not to what they modify it to later.
I agree with the others though, should have pointed the mistake out. Not pointing it out is pretty rotten.

Last edited:
Not legally. That's why they get your signature--you're agreeing to what's on the receipt, not to what they modify it to later.
I agree with the others though, should have pointed the mistake out. Not pointing it out is pretty rotten.

KARMA!!!! Hope your brother has some good chaps.

Let we clear one thing up. We did not notice the mix up until we drove home. I never said that my brother would not pay the 50 dollars. If they call him and say there was a problem HE WILL TELL THEM TO RUN HIS CARD.{they have his phone number from when he bought saw}. The only reason he has not called yet to tell them is the guy who screwed up would not even care that he did. This was not some guy who was under pressure or swamped with customers. If it was he would have called already.

Let we clear one thing up. We did not notice the mix up until we drove home. I never said that my brother would not pay the 50 dollars. If they call him and say there was a problem HE WILL TELL THEM TO RUN HIS CARD.{they have his phone number from when he bought saw}. The only reason he has not called yet to tell them is the guy who screwed up would not even care that he did. This was not some guy who was under pressure or swamped with customers. If it was he would have called already.

That sounds a little different than the first post.
After paying my brother looks at the reciept and sees the guy only charged him 600 dollars for it and he gave him some oil to. I could not believe that he got a brand new ms460 for 600 dollars. I don't think the owner of the store will be to happy with his salesman son when he looks at the price he sold the saw for.
Yeah, I'm sure no one cares about misplacing $50.

Last edited:
I don't pretend to possess high or even moderately, average morals.........in all truth I probably have very, very low morals.

I feel that if someone forgets to charge me $50 for something then that is there own dumb mistake. I will do my part to help them learn one of life's little lessons. By the same token if someone removes an extra $50 from me do to my own stupidity then shame on me and I appreciate that little life lesson for what it is worth. Sure I might ##### and moan a little but in the end it was me that was dumb. Same with this cash register boy, I think this thread starter's brother is just unknowingly adding to the wealth of experience and knowledge that this cash register boy will need to grow up and be successful in the real world, where everyday some dumbass thief is trying to steal or walk off with $50 every chance they can................ Whoa wait a minute, which side am I argueing here???

A nevermind, good score, if we were uncivilized American Indians your brother would be highly praised for this craftiness. Ah yes, the good ole days, before anti-vibration, LOL.

Sam

Last edited:
I don't pretend to possess high or even moderately, average morals.........in all truth I probably have very, very low morals.

I feel that if someone forgets to charge me $50 for something then that is there own dumb mistake. I will do my part to help them learn one of life's little lessons. By the same token if someone removes an extra $50 from me do to my own stupidity then shame on me and I appreciate that little life lesson for what it is worth. Sure I might ##### and moan a little but in the end it was me that was dumb. Same with this cash register boy, I think this thread starter's brother is just unknowingly adding to the wealth of experience and knowledge that this cash register boy will need to grow up and be successful in the real world, where everyday some dumbass thief is trying to steal or walk off with $50 every chance they can................ Whoa wait a minute, which side am I argueing here???

A nevermind, good score, if we were uncivilized American Indians your brother would be highly praised for this craftiness. Ah yes, the good ole days, before anti-vibration, LOL.

Sam
My parents raised me with more scruples than that.

Latest posts

Back