Roll Call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lit-up the first time in early September, before I even replaced the window screens with storms... that's the earliest I can ever remember. Had a fire on 'n' off since then... but pretty much at least a small one goin' 24/7 for a week now.
Ain't seen single digits yet. Got down to 17° yesterday morning, 19° this morning, 10° predicted for tomorrow morning, and then single digits for Saturday morning... ain't supposed to see anything above freezing through Thanksgiving.

high teens or low 20's last night- ain't going to get above freezing anytime soon white stuff predicted for today,1/2". Maybe- 1-2" weekend. Lake Michigan still kinda cold from last year- so it will be a long winter again. Stove running full time now.

I have had a fire on and off for the past month. Let it go out after feeding it Monday at bedtime, as Tuesday and Wednesday were warm. I went down to light up last night, and found enough coals in the ashes to get a fire going without a match!

I am still learning the tricks to this Charmaster, but I am liking what I am able to do so far.

POLAR VORTEX pushing cold air south again ... minus 5 Celcius here (23 F) today.
Toasty warm in our 2500 sq ft. with just the wood stove! Wood stove draws fresh air and a few double glazed windows are always cracked open for plenty of fresh air movement. Furnace is off and collecting dust for years now.

wood-stove.jpg

OWB burns year around for clothes drying and hot water and is the only source of heat we have. Upper 20's and mid 30's forecasted for SE Georgia in the next few days, it'll be getting a good workout

Latest posts

Back