Roller Nose Bars!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those would've been gone long ago if they were the big tips......$10 is all those little tips are worth.......Hahahahahaha!

250cc/or BB Honda [email protected]lly, cold start hotsaws for timbersports competition, plus Bars, 1/2", or 404 sprockets, and racechains for customers only. Not interested in building woods port, GTG saws, or small racechain......I'll leave that to the other sponsors.

OK, I was just checking because, I know a fella that was wondering what rpm 22 horsepower on a Mcculloch sp125. I'll just refer him over to you. . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS!

OK, I was just checking because, I know a fella that was wondering what rpm 22 horsepower on a Mcculloch sp125. I'll just refer him over to you. . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Been filling your pm box, too? Dunno how many ways I can answer him and 2 days later still get asked again. Kinda turned into a game...

Been filling your pm box, too? Dunno how many ways I can answer him and 2 days later still get asked again. Kinda turned into a game...

Yea, I guess everybody needs a friend LOL!

Brother Bryce has them...
2.5" CHAINSAW BAR TIP NEW STBX746 | eBay

They're the small tips though, for the slim-line bars.

Hmm, thats got me thinking... I have some worthless to me 21" poulan hard nosed bars, think these would work for conversions for them?

I picked up a couple nice 16" roller bars from Bryce awhile back. He had them listed as Mac mounts but they were really Poulan mounts if you ask me. I really should have picked up a few more as I could use them now.

The trick is not to answer that guy. He has mental problems. I just put him on my blocked list every time he comes around.

Hmm, thats got me thinking... I have some worthless to me 21" poulan hard nosed bars, think these would work for conversions for them?

I picked up a couple nice 16" roller bars from Bryce awhile back. He had them listed as Mac mounts but they were really Poulan mounts if you ask me. I really should have picked up a few more as I could use them now.

Converting old hard-nose bars is pretty easy with the Oregon three-rivet tips or those small rollers if the hard nose has the right profile.

The trick is not to answer that guy. He has mental problems. I just put him on my blocked list every time he comes around.

Converting old hard-nose bars is pretty easy with the Oregon three-rivet tips or those small rollers if the hard nose has the right profile.

That's what I do with that headcase every time he pops back in here. I have a couple HN bars that I'd like to convert to RN as well.

Is that what they're for? I bought 1, too. Slot fit perfect for my 10-10, just had to gring for the tensioner. It's in a pic earlier in this thread.

I went and looked at them, I think the profile will be fine, and cutting the bar is no problem, just dont know how I would machine the slot in the end of them though.

Is that what they're for? I bought 1, too. Slot fit perfect for my 10-10, just had to gring for the tensioner. It's in a pic earlier in this thread.

Well lets just say when laid on top of a original Poulan mount bar, (not the later Oregon D176) its about the same as identical.

Did the oil hole line up or did you have to grind the adjuster hole up to oil through the adjuster hole?

I found one more over the weekend, this is on my 1-72 and it is a different looking style that any I've seen before.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

GB roller nose:msp_thumbup:
That isn't a roller, it is more like a sprocket with no teeth. The chain chain still has friction on the sides of the teeth and possibly the bottom of the chain, on a roller, no friction.

Who says nobody makes brand new ones?................]

Well to answer your question Cannon and Bill Davenport will tell you that nobody does. The pic you posted is of a off the shelf Cannon that uses the old stock small Torrington noses. Give them a ring and ask them to build you a 6 '' belly 3.5 nose. The last time I talked with Bill he said he was not making any due to a bearing problem

Bill

Latest posts

Back