Sachs Dolmar 112

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
just purchased a Sachs Dolmar 112 to play with...

tag says 3.0 cubic in with 5.0 SAE horsepower

is this saw worth a hoot?

They are not bad saws, but the 5 Hp, if you look, probably says 5 Hp S.A.E. which is a different rating than the current horsepower ratings. I've run one, but only briefly. They cut like a fairly good running 3.0 cube saw.

thanks for the feedback, yep it says 5hp SAE

that's what was throwing me for a loop... was thinking no way a 3 cube stock saw would put out 5hp??

wonder what's the difference between SAE HP and normal HP?

seems to run real stong with excellent compression.

mattftoo said:
do you want to sell it?

I just broke mine Sunday.
:mad:

Take a look over at Ebay, last I checked there was several 112 saws from runners to parts and some NOS parts too.

046 said:
just purchased a Sachs Dolmar 112 to play with...

tag says 3.0 cubic in with 5.0 SAE horsepower

is this saw worth a hoot?
Good firewood saw. 51cc- 3.1 cu. in. ( has point's)

What price would you sell it for? Is it a Red and Black, Black and White or Silver version?

it's silver with black top/recoil

I'd like $225 + shipping

Please PM if interested

thanks,

I was really hoping it was a black and white or the red and black as I already have the Silver model.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
I was really hoping it was a black and white or the red and black as I already have the Silver model.

Hey, Mine is all red, actualy kinda red-orange, does that make it ultra rare? LOL

Actually the "Warm Red" (actual color name) that looks orange to us was the most common version. The Silver and the White and Black were special editions only offered for a short period. The red ones were always available while the 112 was in production.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr said:
Actually the "Warm Red" (actual color name) that looks orange to us was the most common version. The Silver and the White and Black were special editions only offered for a short period. The red ones were always available while the 112 was in production.

what was the difference between black/white, silver and red models?

did the silver model come with black tops too?

thanks,

The orginal 112 was Red and Black - came with black hoods and the rest was red. The fuel tank was metal. Then came the Silver edition and it was Silver and Black, the hoods were black and the remainder was Silver and the tank was metal. When the Black and White came out was the beginning of plastic tanks for the 112. The hoods were black and the rest was white, when this version came out the Red and Black versions were introduced with a plastic tank as well.

I think the white was the 60th anniversary model. It cost a few$ more, if I remember correctly.

did they ever make a 110 or 115 in a special color scheme? I have a couple of them, all red and black, but would love to find a silver one...

Steve

The 112 was the only saw that Sachs-Dolmar ever did special color versions of. Recently they did do a PS-7900RS that had more black parts than the stock PS-7900 also the clyinders were checked and the ones that delivered the highest performance were installed on these units. However we never sold these units in the US as they were only manufactured with European mufflers.

Back