Sachs Dolmar 133 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA_133Super

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I got my saw back and went to use it.......and apparently the other Shop that worked on it had removed the clutch nut etc.... so my nut got thrown and lost a piece. Took it back to my good shop and the Nut was put back on etc... I installed the chain and bar. When I ran the saw as I revved it up the chain was coming out of the bar track on Top. how tight is the cahin supposed to be....I think I might have over tightened it maybe :mad: Also does it matter if the Chain sprocket is a little loose ( just a tad loose ) or should it be TIGHT.

Thanks again guys,

Anthony

The chain should be tight to the bar, not drooping. You should be able to lift the chain up some and it will snap back in. Lift up on the bar before locking down the nuts. The chain should turn freely by hand, if you have to force it, it's too tight.

Chain

The chain should be tight to the bar, not drooping. You should be able to lift the chain up some and it will snap back in. Lift up on the bar before locking down the nuts. The chain should turn freely by hand, if you have to force it, it's too tight.

Hi,
Then IT WAS TOO TIGHT :dizzy:......I'll look at it soon...It is hard to wrestle that 36":cry: Bar....

Thanks,
Anthony

Feel free to send it to me, be glad to check the chain tightness and sprocket tolerance....should have it back to ya in a year or three.

Back