Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a Dolmar CT but missing a couple parts.
It is needing the complete recoil assembly with the auto oil pump.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I will post pic's when it arrives.

Thanks Lee

You could use a 120 Super, it wouldn't be a bolt on?

I dunno,

I use 6800 pistons in 120 Supers

Dolmar 119

I have noticed a gas leak from around the fitting in the top of the tank where the fuel line and vent are. Can someone tell me how this fitting is attached to the saw so I will know how far to take it apart. Thanks Roger

I have noticed a gas leak from around the fitting in the top of the tank where the fuel line and vent are. Can someone tell me how this fitting is attached to the saw so I will know how far to take it apart. Thanks Roger

The fitting is just a push in for the tank breather... you just take the 3 bolts out that hold the top cover on and then it pulls right off you can leave the air cleaner all together you dont have to take that apart... then pull the bolts out for the carb and unhook it, right below is the tank breather and it just pulls right up out but you will wanna remove the filter in the tank from the gas line first so you can pull the breather out... mine just started leaking on my 119 when you tip it to add gas and oil.

Last edited:
The fitting is just a push in for the tank breather... you just take the 3 bolts out that hold the top cover on and then it pulls right off you can leave the air cleaner all together you dont have to take that apart... then pull the bolts out for the carb and unhook it, right below is the tank breather and it just pulls right up out but you will wanna remove the filter in the tank from the gas line first so you can pull the breather out... mine just started leaking on my 119 when you tip it to add gas and oil.

That thing is only made of plastic and I was afraid to get firm with it. If it pushes straight up that is what I need to know. Is there an oring to seal it or what.

Rebuilt 119

So i just rebuilt a Sachs Dolmar 119 that my grandfather gave me and it runs great now. The piston was smoked so it didn't have any compression and there wasn't any felt left on the air cleaner just the screen that looks like window screen "that's probably what started the trouble in the first place". I had the local saw shop presser test and make sure the seals where still good in the saw seams how dolmar doesn't make them any more, just to see if the saw was worth fixing or if it was going to suck air and do it all over again and it was good to go. So after finding out they also no longer carie the 47mm piston or any air filters felt or nylon for that saw i found a new after market piston and a used nylon filter from Chainsawr.com and they shipped the stuff right out to me fast and easy. Last week i put the saw all back to gather and got it up and running, so i took it out this morning and man I love this old saw after running it for a while!

View attachment 264981
View attachment 264982

That thing is only made of plastic and I was afraid to get firm with it. If it pushes straight up that is what I need to know. Is there an oring to seal it or what.

Yes it goes straight up just wiggle it a bit and it should come out mine did but i don't remember if their was a o ring or not on mine i don't believe so.

Yes it goes straight up just wiggle it a bit and it should come out mine did but i don't remember if their was a o ring or not on mine i don't believe so.

Ok thanks. Oh by the way I did some research on the crank seals and it looks like there is a makita part number for the clutch side seal that may work. I ordered one and will check it out when I get it and let you know if it will work. I do not need one but on a old saw if I can replace it I will. I know the 119 I have runs strong, I was very pleased with it.

I went ahead and separated the tank from the engine just so I could clean it and to make it easier to get to the fitting for the fuel tank. It came out just like you said and it was just a press in fit. I put alittle bit of Yamabond on it and stuck it back in. No more leaks. I found one bad antivibe bumber and replace it while it was apart. Back together now and running great. This saw has good power.

265201d1354478402-dolmar-119-jpg
View attachment 265201

Last edited:
Pretty darn clean too.

That is an all Magnesium saw.

I just scored on an oldie I have never seen before.

Hope it's what I believe it to be, (no pics it didn't happen eh?)

Stay tuned

Pretty darn clean too.

That is an all Magnesium saw.

I just scored on an oldie I have never seen before.

Hope it's what I believe it to be, (no pics it didn't happen eh?)

Stay tuned
<======Waiting semi patiently.

Was said saw viewable on the interwebs before you purchased it?

I went ahead and separated the tank from the engine just so I could clean it and to make it easier to get to the fitting for the fuel tank. It came out just like you said and it was just a press in fit. I put alittle bit of Yamabond on it and stuck it back in. No more leaks. I found one bad antivibe bumber and replace it while it was apart. Back together now and running great. This saw has good power.

265201d1354478402-dolmar-119-jpg
View attachment 265201

I glad i was able to help and i would be interested to know if that crank seal works also nice saw!!!:msp_thumbup:

Back