Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya got a point there. But it
would be the 236cc, What
a screemer it would be.

One off job with a billet crankcase should by pretty easy. Single carb, dual exhaust, billet crank, maybe make it opposed so it'll be sick smooth.

Mr. HE:cool:

One off job with a billet crankcase should by pretty easy. Single carb, dual exhaust, billet crank, maybe make it opposed so it'll be sick smooth.
Mr. HE:cool:

Or, do it the easy way by machining a lovejoy or similar coupling to replace the clutch drum on the left saw. That way you could start the saw on the left only at idle, and use it to start the right one by revving it up.

Or, do it the easy way by machining a lovejoy or similar coupling to replace the clutch drum on the left saw. That way you could start the saw on the left only at idle, and use it to start the right one by revving it up.

Thats what Mcbob did on his
dual 101 Mac saw.

Lee

Thats what Mcbob did on his
dual 101 Mac saw.

Lee

See i told you i'm more than just a pretty face :msp_wub:

101saw3.jpg

Man I'd LOVE to see and hear that CC2 at full song in some big wood. It'd be close to a religious experience. Not sure if we could survive the awesomeness of a Lee Harvey built SD322 Twin..........but It'd sure be fun to find out.:D

Last edited:
I was just on chainsawr and saw a nylon filter new labeled for a dolmar 100, 100s, 102. I do not know or not if this is what your looking for. It was 12.00.

I forgot to add it was page 2 of his dolmar parts.

Here is the link. Chainsawr Dolmar[/QUOTE]

That's the newer filter type but ThankYou for you help mines the one on the right in this pic

Will the clutch from a SD 309 or 343 swap over to my 153? I found one and want to know so I can snatch it up. TIA!!

I was thinking no.

But after going out to the shed and popping the drums off a 143 and 309 as well a 153.

I do believe it will, only thing I didn't check was the taper.

It breaks down like this;

12mm crank snout
12x15 mm O.D. hardened spacer(race)

Only thing is the drum on the 309/143 is only about 75mm O.D.

The 153 was 87mm, that is a bunch of area. (the clutches on my 152/153s are incredible overkill)

Doubt you will be doing any production work with in anywho?

The brake band would be a bit of a challenge since the stand offs on yours will be too far out, and a custom band would need fitted.

I conclude you can use the 123-143 series (including the 309/343)

I think they are pretty robust clutches, as I have milled some pretty big slabs with a 143.

I was thinking no.

But after going out to the shed and popping the drums off a 143 and 309 as well a 153.

I do believe it will, only thing I didn't check was the taper.

It breaks down like this;

12mm crank snout
12x15 mm O.D. hardened spacer(race)

Only thing is the drum on the 309/143 is only about 75mm O.D.

The 153 was 87mm, that is a bunch of area. (the clutches on my 152/153s are incredible overkill)

Doubt you will be doing any production work with in anywho?

The brake band would be a bit of a challenge since the stand offs on yours will be too far out, and a custom band would need fitted.

I conclude you can use the 123-143 series (including the 309/343)

I think they are pretty robust clutches, as I have milled some pretty big slabs with a 143.

Thanks sachsmo!! I do appreciate you going out of your way to find out for me. I figured you would just watch me suffer in frustration of having this 153 and cant cut a damn thing with it!! LOL...just messing. So, will I need to grab a drum/sprocket to go with the 309/343 clutch then? Im gonna have to grab all the hardware to bolt it all up as well?

That 75mm drum is going to look freakishly small.

Bet it will get her in some wood though.

Dolmar 111

Gotta love it when people give you saws. Just got my first Dolmar. A 111 that looks to be a nice saw and in decent shape. Guy said it was a greater cutter when it ran.
attachment.php

All I have done so far is pull the muffler. There is what looks to be some minor scratches on the piston. I'm not very familiar with these saws, and figured I would come here and ask the experts. Assuming the Piston and jug are both shot, are new/used one available at a decent price, and is it worth fixing up? Or should I just part it out? If it just some minor scoring at the exhaust port, is it possible to hone them out, and get a new ring?
attachment.php

I think 111 are great saws and worth fixing. I would pull the cylinder and see how bad the scoring really is and maybe you can do the acid treatment to the cylinder to clean it up. The piston might be a different story. You could probably find another good piston for it I am sure. Then you need to find out why it is scored. Was it because it was straight gassed, or a bad intake, or bad seals. Do a vacume test on the engine.

Back