sachs-dolmar , how many cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
got an old 116si sachs dolmar , lots of power, does anyone know the cc of these saws , makita is the new parts dealer .

should be 60 cc, 3,1 kW.
here's a pic of mine

attachment.php

The Si should stand for a carburator with a special jet for cold start, I believe, but I am not sure. The newer dolmars also have the i versions. maybe a dolmar dealer can confirm.
roland

wish my saw looked that new, whats the si mean, thanks for the info.

SI?

S Was for Super this saw was the next gen. of a 116 super
I Was for the till. carb. with the en-richening valve for starting (Injection Start)

This model later evolved to the PS6000

Scott

Nice looking Saw Belgian, We had one that clean we sold to a AS member (Sthil Crazy) not too long ago.

Scott

Thanks Scott. This saw still has excellent compression and starts very easy. I just need to fix the chainbrake. It works but not sufficient enough to stop the chain immediately. Older Dolmars are very well built, I think (probably the new too, hehe).

Yes my 116si looked that good. I blocked 10 cord of firewood with it and it is now in the basement waiting for more wood. Here is something interesting, my 361 is no match for the 116 in hardwood. With an eighteen inch bar buried in Sugar Maple the 116 is out of the cut first.

wats this 1??

fellow just gave me a silver 112-looks an runs fair -is it worth the time and effot for a good woods saw?

I have a Regular 116, not a 116si, so whats the difference?
This 116 has some ballz for an old saw. :cheers:

Yes my 116si looked that good. I blocked 10 cord of firewood with it and it is now in the basement waiting for more wood. Here is something interesting, my 361 is no match for the 116 in hardwood. With an eighteen inch bar buried in Sugar Maple the 116 is out of the cut first.

I did very little cutting with my 116si so far, so I cannot really compare, but if it will outcut my beloved 361 is difficult to believe. As soon as the opportunity arises, I will put her to the test. ;)

Latest posts

Back