Saturday a.m. 50cc saw shoot out......new echo cs500, not too bad.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like 260 pro by far my favorite 50cc saw.I thought the 261 seemed bulky.I bet after 3 days that might change.

i really like 260 pro by far my favorite 50cc saw.i thought the 261 seemed bulky.i bet after 3 days that might change.
once you cut with the 261,and realize how good it is, all the bad goes away. But the 026/260 is tough to beat.

well i finally had time to get with the distributer today, these 500p's are few and far between. i ordered 2 of them, my cost is 369.00 for the 18" version. not to bad,100.00 off of retail. should have them in hand in a week to 10days. not gonna complain much since most dealers can't even get them yet.

I has one in my hands at the local John Deere dealers, he had both the CS500 and the CS530 on the shelf. The CS500 felt a lot lighter, looked good and was gone the next time I stopped there. He said he won't even stock the CS450 , likes the CS500. Steve

Hello ;

Sorry to get off topic, but can anyone say if the Echo CS-600P is actually a Shindaiwa design? I ran one last year and really liked it, it is totally different than my CS-670, in the way the power comes on, and the general design layout, air filter etc.

I do think the older CS-670 is a more robust contruction, more aluminum parts. Nicer finishes on the small metal parts. Looks like cost savings on the newer Echo in small details like plating materials, not the basic parts.

How about just a new design, my Shindaiwa 488 has no where near the power of my 520--510 Echos. Steve

The CS-500P is a Shindaiwa design. It was nearing release under the Shindaiwa brand right before Echo took over the US distribution.

Anyone know if the Echo cs500 is running a cat muff, if so likely a LOT of improvement without it. Steve

No cat. I haven't been able to find out if the coil is rev limited. According to Echo, the max RPM is 12,500 if the OP got it up to 14k it must be unlimited.

well i finally had time to get with the distributer today, these 500p's are few and far between. i ordered 2 of them, my cost is 369.00 for the 18" version. not to bad,100.00 off of retail. should have them in hand in a week to 10days. not gonna complain much since most dealers can't even get them yet.

Our distributor has 60 in stock. We still can't order them with 16" bars. How do you get them for dealer cost if you're not a dealer?

Hello ;

Sorry to get off topic, but can anyone say if the Echo CS-600P is actually a Shindaiwa design? I ran one last year and really liked it, it is totally different than my CS-670, in the way the power comes on, and the general design layout, air filter etc.

I do think the older CS-670 is a more robust contruction, more aluminum parts. Nicer finishes on the small metal parts. Looks like cost savings on the newer Echo in small details like plating materials, not the basic parts.

The CS-600P and CS-550P are Echo designs.

Last edited:
Edge:

Thanks for this info again, any ideas if Echo will release a new large saw (80-100 cc's)? I think the would sell a lot if they keep up the quality. Quality / Durabilty are the most inportant traits (for me).

Edge:

Thanks for this info again, any ideas if Echo will release a new large saw (80-100 cc's)? I think the would sell a lot if they keep up the quality. Quality / Durabilty are the most inportant traits (for me).

I have not heard anything recently, but last year it was stated (as can be evidenced from all the new small and mid-size in that last year or two) that they were pouring major resources into re-vamping the entire chainsaw lineup.

The CS-500P is a Shindaiwa design. It was nearing release under the Shindaiwa brand right before Echo took over the US distribution.

No cat. I haven't been able to find out if the coil is rev limited. According to Echo, the max RPM is 12,500 if the OP got it up to 14k it must be unlimited.

Our distributor has 60 in stock. We still can't order them with 16" bars. How do you get them for dealer cost if you're not a dealer?

The CS-600P and CS-550P are Echo designs.
our beach grove store sells both stihl and echo now, it is the only store in our network to do so.

Don Walker from BC, interview about Echo:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMugCoAgsRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don Walker from BC, interview about Echo:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMugCoAgsRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
good stuff, not your average cs8000, i would like see it run. i for one hope that echo gets back to where they were in the 70's and early 80's. those saws were as good as any on the market. then saws were not about tons of h.p. and 15000 rpm, just quality,well built cutting machines. i still have my grandpas' cs 452, 1981 model, still looks and runs like new.

Apparently it has not yet been ported.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U_CbDj6-Duc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lpVvOucet2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't like to hate on saws, BUT that there ECHO is slow. A pipe and NOS and thats it?? I think my dads stock MS460 would out cut that saw. What gives? Is it still in development?

Latest posts

Back