Saw my new 2171 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken05

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was in the market for something with a little more grunt than my beloved 2050 for doing firewood. Now that fuel oil is 3.44 a gallon here the trees are dropping faster. After lurking in here and reading many posts - I ordered a 2171 from the Dealer around the corner. Thanks everyone for the info. My saw was in Sweden two weeks ago and UPS delivered it to the shop today. I stopped by and cut the tape on the box and the dealer put the bar and chain (20") on so I could feel the balance. SHCWWEEEEET! Tomorrow he is going to prep it and tach it and then I can pick it up after work. I can't wait to sink that baby into some wood! Oh, it was $635 + tax.:cheers:

I hear you on the new saw. I just picked up a 2165 last week. They are SCHWEEEET! I just ran through 5 tanks in it so I'll take it in tommorrow to re-set the carb(5 tank break-in) You can really hear the difference between the jonsered and my oold 029. The thing crackles. I have to use ear plugs under the earmuffs. Have fun!

Congrats on the new saws! I've got a 2165 that i bought with a scored piston, so i ordered the big bore kit from bailey's and it is really SCHWEEEET NOW!! :clap:

I'm jealous! 2171 is my next saw, it's the right color, the right non-angle on the top handle, and you got a good deal.

Plus, you're putting the right length bar on and I'm happy your dealer is taking a little time to set it up right-Good job

A 20" bar?

All the ones I've had the pleasure of using were wearing 28" and cut impressively, you;ll be blowing through wood too fast to enjoy the saw.

Have fun.:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :cheers:

husky

You have not lived untill you try the 3121 husqvarna 8.4 hp. 7.3 cu,22.9lbs the most powerfull saw on the market. ( even the pros are scared of it) Every time I bring this baby out,it;s like " Daddy's Home" Jonsered saws are great saw to.

Last edited:
3120 is a mean saw no doubt.

but unless it's modded the 395 does everything just as good or better around here.don't forget to:hmm3grin2orange: wear your back support brace!

ya your right the only reason I got the saw was because of the price online. $1100 verses $1700 and the fact that at the time I was doing alot of big wood. It paid for It self many times over. And still in great shape.

I've run 'em with a 20" and the saw feels and handles great and chain speed is about perfect. Don't listen Ken:clap: you're already at the sweet spot for that saw.

I don't think there is anything in the current Jonny lineup I would run a 28" on (yeah, if I had a 2186 it would probably have a 24" on it), I would go to Husky 390-395 for that, or 660 territory. I'm cutting dense northern hardwoods exclusively, and I bore cut and don't mind bending over a bit to cut, so I don't have a need for a 28" anyway.

To each his own, if I cut any softwoods or ran into 2-3 foot diameter trees regularly I might run something bigger, whatever works for you :cheers:

Fear not Fuzly...the 20 is stayin. No reason to eff up a good thing. I got the sweety into a couple of pieces of apple and oak today. She cuts.
Hopefully next weekend the weather lets me into the woods for Ashfest 2007.

Well its broke in now- I cut about 5 cord with it and its really pickin up. I switched over to amsoil and keep the chains sharp.
Holy crikey does that thing snip through a log quick! I love the balance and the intuitive controls.
Only problem now is that when cutting off the log pile I will zip up the log to lengths real quick and spend most of my time helping my son split and stack while the saw sits there.

Well its broke in now- I cut about 5 cord with it and its really pickin up. I switched over to amsoil and keep the chains sharp.
Holy crikey does that thing snip through a log quick! I love the balance and the intuitive controls.
Only problem now is that when cutting off the log pile I will zip up the log to lengths real quick and spend most of my time helping my son split and stack while the saw sits there.

Yep, that sounds about right, ifn you had a Dolmar 7900, it would be just as bad, all the fun over toooo quickly.

You have not lived untill you try the 3121 husqvarna 8.4 hp. 7.3 cu,22.9lbs the most powerfull saw on the market. ( even the pros are scared of it) Every time I bring this baby out,it;s like " Daddy's Home" Jonsered saws are great saw to.

Really ...............I guess I need to try one or two.

Last edited:
Back