Saw Thief

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another 'dumb criminal' entry:

Spokane WA. Home burglary, thief arrested by responding officer - tracked to his house through new fallen snow.

1 week later a thief who apparently doesn't read newspapers or listen to TV news. Same story, different detective, different thief, but same tracking expertise.

Harry K

People like him deserve what they get. Too dumb and inconsiderate of others to live in the real world. But, then again, don't ask me, I think vandals, tool thieves, car thieves, and child abusers should all qualify for capital punishment. Not much tolerance here.

Mark

Well said!:angry2:

They could have been dumber. My brothers shop keeps excellent records on their saws. 99% of the saws stolen from town end up back in his shop for repairs or somebody wanting to sell it. He's waiting for a friend of ours 2171 Jonsered to show up right now, just a matter of time.

They should have put the saw on e-bay, that would have made them some
real money.....

They couldnt wait for no auction to run,,,, they needed fast cash,, to go buy a handfull of rocks from the local crack or meth dealer and get toasted :angry2:

We got broken into last July - they grabbed everything in sight... then next day about 10 miles up the road they tried to sell it to another Stihl dealer... but it had our sticker and phone number on it... the dealer called us, then kept them busy until the cops arrived... We got about half of it of it back (they has already sold some) 4 months later after the cops has had time to catalog it... hmmm... Still have some of the weedwackers waiting for spring..

It was supposed to have gone to trial on Jan 3rd, but they plead guilty just before it was to start. No idea of the sentence yet.. but I'm sure it will be pathetic.

I guess the pawn shop (who did the right thing) is also out a $100.00. I guess that is the risk they take being in that business.

Back when i cut right-of-way we use to work with prisoners sometimes when we did work for the hi-way dept, sort- of a coop between hi-way and power company. Anyway they worked pretty hard but, if it rained, got too hot, too cold, they sat on a bus while we kept working. They also ate very well. I like the way Oldsaw thinks, he read my mind.

was the saw used by them? Hopefully it was just stolen and pawned...so it is still new.

i think it was michael savage who said the other night..........

we should get a deal with the russian government were we send our criminals to a siberian prison and give the russian government $4,000 a year to house and feed them.crime would drop here quick. not to mention the saving for the taxpayers here.
i personnally like the island prison idea and have been promoting it for years.no guards ,just give a couple of illegal mexicans a case or two of warm corona and an old boat with half the spark plug wires removed to troll around the island dumping slaughter house waste in the water to keep the sharks in the area.

Pawn shops.

In Kentucky, if your property is stolen and pawned you get it back if you can prove you are the owner.

In Ohio, if your property is stolen and pawned and you can prove that you are the rightful owner you will get your property back once you paid the pawnbroker for what he paid the thief for your stuff.:monkey:Guess you get robbed twice.

our garage got broken into about a year ago. They used our torch set to try and cut into our ancient 2 ton safe (to no aval) Rather than try and steal the dirt bikes,the tires, chainsaws, trimmers etc. they steal a sterio system out of a truck in the shop. The crazy part of the story is 2 weeks after we got broken into a car shows up at our shop to install sterio system that was bought at a yard sale. duh!!! :rock:

People like him deserve what they get. Too dumb and inconsiderate of others to live in the real world. But, then again, don't ask me, I think vandals, tool thieves, car thieves, and child abusers should all qualify for capital punishment. Not much tolerance here.

Mark

X's 2 Lock his sorry a$$ up and let him think about what he did. Maybe next time he will go and get a job and work for what he needs, Instead of stealing from people that (( DO )) work for what they need.... I hate thieves...!!! There is no place for them in our country.

Mark

Agree with you. Exception: People that commit some of the more horrendous crimes should have a good dose of torture first. Death is too easy.

X's 2 Lock his sorry a$$ up and let him think about what he did. Maybe next time he will go and get a job and work for what he needs, Instead of stealing from people that (( DO )) work for what they need.... I hate thieves...!!! There is no place for them in our country.

I agree in part but the only way one can be rehabilitated is if one is WILLING to be rehabilitated. As it stands now, bad people who get caught go to prison but when they're let out they emerge BETTER, more cunning criminals bent on avoiding getting caught.

Like the woods.

As much as I would personally love to torture those bastards I think we should stay away from that type of thought process as it is viewed as more of a sickness on your part and mine.

Rather, we should think of it as erradication of a cancer. Try treatment first, if no joy erradicate!

I hear ya though.

If you want a few hours of laughter. Check out what George Carlin has to say on prisons and televised executions. You'll laugh hard enough to pee a little.

I feel that Jail and Prison isn't supposed to be fun. Rehabilitate the ones with less than 5 years to serve. Bread and water for the rest. Privatize prisons and then use the spare $$$ to actually improve life for the rest of us.

It seems that everything is coming from China since it is cheaper to do so. (Put aside the loss of American jobs for a moment.) Why not send the violent and the career criminals over to China. I bet it doesn't cost the Chinese $30,000. a year to house and feed a single prisoner. Then they too could help manufacture some of the many products imported into the US. :popcorn:

+ 1 on the Siberia idea, tho it would put me out of work. maybe just prisons here were the prisoners have less rights than the staff. were I work if they get in trouble for stealing or anything else they just loose canteen of there T.V time. prison is supposed to be difficult, if it is easy there is no punishement or rehabiliatation. Bring back the work crews!!!

TV time? WTH??????????????

there is one of the problems there.you go to prison,you get nothing but a cold cement cell.just warm enough that your naked a$$ doesn't freeze to death,YET!maybe bread and water,if the cook feels like it.

Latest posts

Back