Sawdust In Pockets and Shoes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawdust in my pockets is money in my pockets. I love the feeling

This summer it was too hot (for me) to climb in pants, so I started wearing shorts and had to solve the sawdust in my shoes problem. The quick fix was to buy a pair of tights (which I found at goodwill) and cut them off to make a pair of light weight gators. This did the trick, and comfortable, but the tights would still work their way up every hour or so and inevitably I'd forget to pull them down until I felt a little sawdust working its way inside. So recently, I decided to try something I've been thinking about trying for a while, to help hold the tights down... I attached the photos. Basically, two pieces of para-chord, one makes a loop around your front foot with a blakes hitch for tightening, and the other to make an a half loop around your heal attaching on either side with a clove hitch. Before tightening, you can role the tights/nylons up in the cord a bit. Hoping this constitutes a simple/cheap solution.
What you made are similar to trail running gaitors, which can be bought for around $20

Latest posts

Back