Saws for sale to benefit AS member Manyhobies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VINIFIREWOOD

I only no what I know
Reaction score
I got all these for free and had intentions of possible restorations. They have been sitting around way too long so I have decided to sell them in conjunction with the upcoming benefit cut for AS member Manyhobies. All moneys from the sale of these saws will be donated to him and his family. So here are the saws along with a little info on each. If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask.

This will be silent auction style sale so send me a PM with your bid if you are interested. Bidding ends Friday March 1st at 12:00 midnight, CST. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs.

The Homelite C-91.
This saw was produced from 1964-66, 85.5 cc, running 404 chain. This saw ran good last time I had it running about a year or so ago. The top handle is a little bent but other than that it seems to be complete.
2013-02-24_16-52-45_176_zps3a2e1281.jpg

2013-02-24_16-52-35_168_zps260c294a.jpg

The Craftsman
I don't know much about this saw. The only numbering on it that I can find is what you see in the pics. I never put any time into it to get it running but it does seem to have good compression. If anyone knows anything about this saw please chime in and educate us all. Thanks.
2013-02-24_16-47-10_292_zps976b91b7.jpg

2013-02-24_16-47-01_85_zpsa2209c89.jpg

The Pro Mac 55
Produced from 1973-77, 57cc, 3/8 chain.
This one was givin to me by the original owner. Said he couldn't get it to run right/idle down. Yup you guessed it, it seams to have an air leak. Had it running but with the carb settings where they had to be to get it to idle down I was afraid to do any cutting with it. I did not investigate as to where it is leaking.
2013-02-24_16-46-25_941_zpsb6b0e6b5.jpg

2013-02-24_16-46-10_376_zps27b9cd73.jpg

Any questions or additional info you guys can add about these saws please feel free.
I am doing this because of the response of AS members that would like to help out but can't for one reason or the other.
Happy bidding!

Saw Troll I'm disappointed in you for not doing your home work before posting. JK

Car accident back in December.
Messed up his back real good.

Car, or should I say van, wreck. He rolled it into the ditch and got banged up a couple of months ago. He did a thread on it (not seeking help, just telling the story as I remember it). Another thread has been started about the charity cut.

Car, or should I say van, wreck. He rolled it into the ditch and got banged up a couple of months ago. He did a thread on it (not seeking help, just telling the story as I remember it). Another thread has been started about the charity cut.

Yeah, that one ride I NEVER want to repeat!

You might want to consider disclosing the high bid amount on the saws every day or so, or even switching to a raffle type deal. I'm not interested in that Roper at any price, but I'd buy a ticket for a chance at the other two. Do I need them? No. There are dozens more just like them around my shop already. Would I place a $100+ bid on them? No. I would, however, kick in a few bucks to help the guy and take a chance on the saws. I bet there are a bunch more guys here with the same thoughts.

You might want to consider disclosing the high bid amount on the saws every day or so, or even switching to a raffle type deal. I'm not interested in that Roper at any price, but I'd buy a ticket for a chance at the other two. Do I need them? No. There are dozens more just like them around my shop already. Would I place a $100+ bid on them? No. I would, however, kick in a few bucks to help the guy and take a chance on the saws. I bet there are a bunch more guys here with the same thoughts.

I thought about that but wasn't sure how to go about it. Collecting the money and all.

Ok so I started this thread almost 12 hours ago and not one hint of an interest in any of these saws on an auction.
Would any of you guys be interested in a raffle for them individually or all three together?
I'm not profitting one penny from any of this. Just trying to drum up a little sunshine for a guy I have never even met.

I thought about that but wasn't sure how to go about it. Collecting the money and all.

tlandrum used wepay https://www.wepay.com/ to collect money for Mitch.

Ok so I started this thread almost 12 hours ago and not one hint of an interest in any of these saws on an auction.
Would any of you guys be interested in a raffle for them individually or all three together?
I'm not profitting one penny from any of this. Just trying to drum up a little sunshine for a guy I have never even met.

I would buy tickets if you did a raffle.

tlandrum used wepay https://www.wepay.com/ to collect money for Mitch.

I would buy tickets if you did a raffle.

I wish I would have thought about this last week. This week is turning out to be a busy one and time is of the essence now and one day already gone.
I have not a clue on how to run a raffle in this case via internet etc etc etc. This whole GTG has been kinda rush last minute type thing, not that i'm complaining, but only a couple days to go and I really don't have the time for this now givin all the details. The auction would have been easier on my end but I now see the down side of that scenario, especially with these saws.
Thanks to those helping out with planning and those coming to help this saturday.

Back