Sc352 hydrolic leak...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at full steam running my 352 today when I looked down and saw all this hydrolic oil pouring out the bottom.I shut it down !! First thought was a belt had broke...but after inspection I saw that the hydrolic oil filter had come loose. What a mess ,:angry2: ,not to mention the down time I lost. There was no visable oil in the check window level. Got it to my house and put all the oil I had with me (about 2 gallons) and still no oil in the window level. The dealer is bringing me (no charge) a 5 gallon bucket of oil. I put a wrench to that filter...and will keep a check on it from now on to make sure it is tight. The dealer says he has heard of this problem before a couple of times.

You will see from a previous post some time ago. I had it happen to me on a golf course. Luckily just crossed a green and it went in the rough. Everything stopped looked down and the stuff was gushing all over my boots. And as you will testify it empties pretty damn fast. The dealer came out sorted me out free of charge but I keep a really close eye on it now. Other users should take note, now I have heard your thread don't think it was just a one off.

do 253 owners ever cut at the faster speed.....i never do but suspect that if one does that this contributes to weld fractures.....just a thought

I always cut on the fast speed. Don't think this is a problem being an owner operator. Never used the slow speed for anything just the leaver to back it off a little. It can't be just a coincidence on these hydraulic filters? I also had a pipe come loose this week. Not a problem just tightened it up. Good job I had seen it just. I know carry with me hydraulic fluid just in case.

i hope i am not jinxing myself but i have have not had any of the vibration related problems, ie fuses, oil filters, loose pipes, fractures of the radiator frame. and i only cut on the slower speed...is this coincidence or is my cautious nature finally having a positive effect. :)

stumpy66 said:
i hope i am not jinxing myself but i have have not had any of the vibration related problems, ie fuses, oil filters, loose pipes, fractures of the radiator frame. and i only cut on the slower speed...is this coincidence or is my cautious nature finally having a positive effect. :)

Same here,high speed is not for cutting, its for driving to a stump only..

stumpy66 said:

Same here,high speed is not for cutting, its for driving to a stump only..

stumpy66 said:

as per the owners manual on any machine you buy......maintain your machine,,,check it out!! there is not one manufactuer,, that doesn't have the statement,,, " CHECK AND TIGHTEN ALL BOLTS" nothing is perfect,, but the machine can't take care of itself... you have to do it!!!! this goes for fittings,, filters,, fluid levels,, etc...

slow speed,, i only use that moving the grinder in really tight spots...cutting full speed all the way....

Back