scary ride on a asv positack 4500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborstree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
yesterday i was pushing some dirt over a small hill. 15 feet or so. building a berm around a property. aprox 8 feet high, about15 feet down on the other side. so i was running my tracks over the berm to even it out and pack it down. and the customer says. can you move that log for me over there, so i move it there where he ask me to. next to the berm. and someone had put a nice tarp full of leaves there. well to make a long story short i sunk in the leaves lol. flipped the asv totally over on its side. had to climb out the back windoow it , lol.. needless to say, i ony flipper about 10 feet, but it was a scary ride. took my my cat backhoe to flip it back over riteside up

Daaaaang

Glad it worked out OK. Have spent a little time in some tracked bobcats in my day and they are killer machines, but also more dangerous than what the average person thinks. I have come to "respect" them to help insure my safety. As soon as I read that you tipped it over I was about to ask how you uprighted it... good for you.

respect fot those machines is nessary lol.. i have carried some knarly logs on some knarly slopes. never thought i could tip it over to be totally honest. i learned my lesson, lil, HOLD on tighter next time ! lol.. well now i need a new muffler cuz i crushed mine from the flip lol. anyone have one forsale ? lol

Been there

I flipped a bobcat cat T 200 over backwards in my back yard. It landed on it's roof,What a pain in the but to get back over, no access for a truck had to rig like 300' of bull line to my truck in the driveway to pull it back on it's tracks. I did bend the cage little, worst part was it was a rental

I flipped a bobcat cat T 200 over backwards in my back yard. It landed on it's roof,What a pain in the but to get back over, no access for a truck had to rig like 300' of bull line to my truck in the driveway to pull it back on it's tracks. I did bend the cage little, worst part was it was a rental

Now that must have been a sight! What type of damage did you do? What about fluids coming out?

lol that sucks balls. lol. it was scary as sh*t for me cuz my machine has no seatbelt lol so i just rolled and fliped lol.. but luckly i had access out the back of the machine or i would of been there upside down tryin to find someone to pulll be riteside up lol

I didn't have the seat belt on. I never run mine without it now.

Latest posts

Back