Scored today big time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskytree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was at the dump today, guy next to me was having a hardtime unloading his mini-van with brush. So I asked if he needed a hand his face lite up and he said sure. So after helping him has says how can I repay you? I said no need, have been there before and know what its like to need a hand. So he ask do I know anything about chainsaws? I told him I know my way around em ok. He pulls out of the front seat a MS200 and tells me he doesn't want it. So I ask why not and that they are great saws and hard to come by as they have been replaced by a new model. He said he has another saw at home he uses all the time for his firewood cutting and stuff around the house. He says he take it and put it to good use. I couldn't believe it. I said are you really sure about this? He said yes he isn't getting younger and the wife wants him to clear out the garage. I offered him cash but he said no. Man things like this don't happen to me to often.

Was at the dump today, guy next to me was having a hardtime unloading his mini-van with brush. So I asked if he needed a hand his face lite up and he said sure. So after helping him has says how can I repay you? I said no need, have been there before and know what its like to need a hand. So he ask do I know anything about chainsaws? I told him I know my way around em ok. He pulls out of the front seat a MS200 and tells me he doesn't want it. So I ask why not and that they are great saws and hard to come by as they have been replaced by a new model. He said he has another saw at home he uses all the time for his firewood cutting and stuff around the house. He says he take it and put it to good use. I couldn't believe it. I said are you really sure about this? He said yes he isn't getting younger and the wife wants him to clear out the garage. I offered him cash but he said no. Man things like this don't happen to me to often.

Great on you for even noticing the guy struggling! Too often we're in our own world rushing here and there and seldom notice our fellow man in need. Or....sorry to say some don't care!

Just think....you have one more saw for your kindness! I wonder what he was planning on doing with the saw? Being that he had it with him?

(btw....when you post a pic of the saw....embeding help is in my sig. A thank you saw is required! :D j/k!

Good job helping out, its true we don't take the time to help others like our fathers and grandfathers would have in the past. Good thigns happen to good people, just a sign that helping people for the right reason pays off.

Back