Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well , it was nice here all morning and the honeydo list was long , when I got released I headed for the woods but it was too late :(

IMG_20160403_141804.jpg

It did slow down long egnough to try my new Husky :)

IMG_20160403_150110.jpg

It works fine .
Here's a couple of Porky's handywork .

IMG_20160403_145629.jpg

IMG_20160403_145641.jpg

Only brought home some ***** willows for the wife , she was happy .

How much did that run you?

It's a spendy little tool , sells for about a hundred :(
The long one that I have was about one fifty and I think the medium ones are around eighty .
All handy tools for the type of wood and cutting that I do .

I can tell that your cabin and your dog are not in those woods, your attitude toward them would change very fast!

Nothing like returning to a cabin after one has chewed through the wall, and they have chewed, pissed and crapped on EVERYTHING!!!

They even started eating the treated wood.

Strange, up here they stay away from cabins , the raccoons and bears get them .
I've dealt with more than one dog and quills over the years , I'm no stranger to quills .

WX last nite, started as thunder/lightening, turned to rain, a good down pour then to hail, back to rain and ice and finished as snow.
Sun finished off the snow, it's all gone. Now it's 30deg F and windy. The cat didn't want to go out, opened the door, she looked out and turned around , back to bed.
I used another match to fire the smoke dragon, cheaper than keeping the fire going but burning culls and uglies.
Give it a couple days and back to working on that gift from the tree service, So far I've found six eye bolts and two pieces of rebar in that load, never hit the chain.
I did hit dirt with the 32" bar, not used to using that long a blade. The 24" bar was too short for that wood.
Now I have to sharpen the chain all 105 DL's. I like short bars, chains are cheaper and sharpen faster.
I did get a load of noodles,
I'm happy to say, this is next winter's firewood. And I get to run my saws.

Crappy day out here so I figured I would just stay in the cab today. Grapple works good on the blow down cedars. Pic testing the leverage and adjusting the tire chains. I still haven't got it mounted on the back yet but have everything built for it to mount there. I think on the back will work much better. The rear end is just too light to lift anything with it on the loader it will pull good but no chance of lifting a decent tree and driving. Should save a lot of on and off when I do get it put on the rear end.
IMG_20160403_115211.jpg IMG_20160403_114308.jpg IMG_20160403_114341.jpg

Crappy day out here so I figured I would just stay in the cab today. Grapple works good on the blow down cedars. Pic testing the leverage and adjusting the tire chains. I still haven't got it mounted on the back yet but have everything built for it to mount there. I think on the back will work much better. The rear end is just too light to lift anything with it on the loader it will pull good but no chance of lifting a decent tree and driving. Should save a lot of on and off when I do get it put on the rear end.
View attachment 496308 View attachment 496309 View attachment 496310
Wow

I don't show my wife those pictures too often. It's just leverage and hydraulics. That's why I'm lifting so far up the tree. Just don't try and drive like that or you will break something. Like I did on my old 1520. I did end up getting it on the ground but it took a bit of playing around. Bunch of cedars and 2 more ash trees all tangled together in that mess. And there is a creek under it too so I can't get to the other side. Glad I didn't waste money on rotator, the chain works really good, for pulling out anyway. Have to see how it does on loading the trailer yet.
IMG_20160403_114323.jpg

Latest posts

Back