Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is for you Stihl guys. I have a MS210C that won't idle for ****. I took the original carb apart and soaked it for a week in carb cleaner. Put it back together and the saw just doesn't idle right no matter what I do to it. It revs up great and WOT is fine. When idleing it the revs go up and down slightly and it makes the chain spin. The motor is running like it is in a loping mode. If I lower the rpm's it stalls. I picked up a China carb and have the same issue with that carb. Turning the H and L screws does affect the saw running with either carb installed. Could it be an air leak? If I bring the rpm's up off idle the saw runs great but the chain is also spinning.
Are the fuel and impulse hoses good?

Are the fuel and impulse hoses good?
Yes. I even replaced them thinking that one of them was bad. I also have a MS250. My research says the carbs are the same. That saw runs great. Maybe I'll swap the carbs to see what happens. The impulse is working also.

Yes. I even replaced them thinking that one of them was bad. I also have a MS250. My research says the carbs are the same. That saw runs great. Maybe I'll swap the carbs to see what happens. The impulse is working also.
A quick and dirty way to check for air leaks is to spray a little carb cleaner around the crank seals, intake boot, and cylinder base gasket area while it's idling. If it stalls or runs different you found the leak. Now don't hose the thing down, a little goes a long ways.

Good luck!

Every once in a while, I need to shorten a log for one reason or another, before putting it on my BSM, I could make firewood out of the shorts, but when it's something like cherry, I'd rather rip them into thick blanks and keep them for later use,

Resized-20230327-135330-S.jpg

I don't use my 562xp much, but I did today, and it did a great job of ripping out those blanks.

Resized-20230327-135548-S.jpg

SR

A quick and dirty way to check for air leaks is to spray a little carb cleaner around the crank seals, intake boot, and cylinder base gasket area while it's idling. If it stalls or runs different you found the leak. Now don't hose the thing down, a little goes a long ways.

Good luck!
Tomorrow I will give that a try. Thanks.

This one is for you Stihl guys. I have a MS210C that won't idle for ****. I took the original carb apart and soaked it for a week in carb cleaner. Put it back together and the saw just doesn't idle right no matter what I do to it. It revs up great and WOT is fine. When idleing it the revs go up and down slightly and it makes the chain spin. The motor is running like it is in a loping mode. If I lower the rpm's it stalls. I picked up a China carb and have the same issue with that carb. Turning the H and L screws does affect the saw running with either carb installed. Could it be an air leak? If I bring the rpm's up off idle the saw runs great but the chain is also spinning.
All the China carbs I’ve tried have been absolute crap.
ok, so only 3… :p. Maybe the 4th will be good?
not gonna find out…

I have had no time to chat ut up with you Gents or even read the last however many page's since my last post. I hope all is well Guys. I catch up and BS as soon As I can! In the mean time, here are some recent photos. 👍
20230324_134758.jpg

Beach score. Yellow Cedar root sections and creosote piles.
20230326_174809.jpg20230326_175102.jpg

Today's OVERLOAD
20230327_200701.jpg20230327_201245.jpg
20230327_202359.jpg
20230327_202955.jpg
20230327_203913.jpg

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware.

Attachments

• 20230326_174722.jpg
    20230326_174722.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230326_175102.jpg
    20230326_175102.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Finally got out to work on the thorn bush clearance. Whole week exercising my rear by sitting in the house doing nothing due to weather. Rain//snow showers and COLD Breezes. Didn't make a lot of progress but did put in about 3 hours. Came home with a very small load of thorn bush butt ends - that stuff is DENSE - should make real good firewood.

Got home and realized I had totally forgotten to use the new electric chainsaw.

I have had no time to chat ut up with you Gents or even read the last however many page's since my last post. I hope all is well Guys. I catch up and BS as soon As I can! In the mean time, here are some recent photos. 👍
View attachment 1070159

Beach score. Yellow Cedar root sections and creosote piles.
View attachment 1070157View attachment 1070155

Today's OVERLOAD
View attachment 1070160View attachment 1070161
View attachment 1070162
View attachment 1070163
View attachment 1070164

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware.
Keep at it KK, don't let the scroungers hold you back!:rock2:

Back