Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chainsaws MAKE chips!

Philbert
Mine too
Painted the fender and cowl . Came out good . Next is the hood but I’m going to need a better “spray booth” View attachment 1088196View attachment 1088197View attachment 1088198
I made a spray booth like that once using a few hot air furnace filters on one end and a 2 foot square brushless fan on the other end to suck the fumes out. I was spraying Imron paint and didn't want to risk inhaling any of the overspray. I was using a charcoal filtered mask for that paint.

I’m a mad man buying used bar and chain combos. Got 4x 36” bars with full house and milling chains, 2x 42” bars with full house and 2x 25” bars with the same that came for free along with the return saws. About $50 usd for each for the biggins. Barely used.
Need anything else? I’ve got four lifetimes worth of chains and bars.

Awesome to see you spraying in the screen tent… When I did the varnish on my outdoor kitchen countertop, I did the same thing because otherwise the damn bugs would all be stuck in it.
I bought a cheap pop up 25$ and the screen enclosure was 39 at Dicks sporting , fits any slant leg 10x10 pop up . Keeps the bugs out but fine dust is a problem . That’s why everything I paint in it is upright not laying down . The cowl I had hanging while I painted it .
That’s why I need to make one with sheet plastic walls and filters with fans . Can’t really hang a hood practically.

Only problem is now my wife wants me to buy a couple more of them for her to use during her yoga outings she has here

Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning, I helped a widow friend get a few things from her lake access cabin as her husband passed from cancer over the winter and she will be selling it. She told me I could help whatever out of the shed so my son and I grabbed a few string trimmers, tools, and a couple of older saws. Ended up getting an 041 and Johnny 2050. Both decent shape although she didn’t know when they had last been used.

0D9F06F0-2EE6-4261-B3EA-06152B7C15FA.jpegC4E5C457-9D26-47D2-9C93-B2229C927F74.jpeg7F1EA933-3211-4785-B8D6-F075E19D6925.jpeg

Good morning guys.

Yesterday morning, I helped a widow friend get a few things from her lake access cabin as her husband passed from cancer over the winter and she will be selling it. She told me I could help whatever out of the shed so my son and I grabbed a few string trimmers, tools, and a couple of older saws. Ended up getting an 041 and Johnny 2050. Both decent shape although she didn’t know when they had last been used.

View attachment 1088317View attachment 1088318View attachment 1088319
Showerhead was a good scrounge to wash off those relics 😂

A product of over scrounging, no sense of urgency to get at the wood. I have more than enough split and stacked for next winter already. I do feel I need to get it split and stacked off the ground even though the logs are on crossers up off the ground. Your setup is way more high volume than mine! 😂
I’ve run out of room for any more wood :p
passing up possible scrounges is really hard…like withdrawal or something :(

The haze is all day now, can’t really see it in the picture but the sun is always red . Even at 1in the afternoon
Knowing you're a Studebaker guy. This was in front of me at a light today. I was hoping he would turn for a side shot but he didn't.
20230606_132408.jpg

Back