second cuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raised on sawdust

Reaction score
Looking for a buyer for second cut white oaks and butt and second cuts on post oak and red. Had a guy come in and log part of my place he took all stave logs in and put 40+ post n red oaks on the ground then said he needed to go cut another at place and haven't heard or seen him since I can get them to good loading area but can't haul enough at a time to make it profitable need some to buy n haul or just haul them to a mill?

He made his easy money, and will move on to another to make more easy money.

Are the logs really saw logs or are they firewood? Since you can drag them, I'd pile them near the road where they can be easily loaded and call a few mills to ask them to stop by to give you a bid. Maybe even take sealed bids. Send out a notice and give them 2-3 weeks to send a bid back. that would work here, but I don't know what the markets are like in your area.

Little more info

What's the diameter of trees left behind run? Is it clear or knotty. bumpy stuff? What are the lot conditions, (dry, wet, flat, steep, rocky)? Are the downed trees topped and bucked in log length or still whole trees? How many acres is the lot and how spread out is the stuff he left? Pics are always helpful too.

Sorry to ask so many questions but the more info given the easier it is to either add or delete possible options / solutions.

Take Care

Back