Seeing & Hearing is Believing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
In the local dealers this morning picking up some ordered parts no one else in so was having a 5min chinwag with the front counter guy Door is flung open & irate guy enters with hedge trimmer closely followed by a guy with a brief case i stand back as he aproaches the counter & slams the trimmer on the part of glass top at the end breaking the glass As follows Irate guy "I bought this yesterday & today it won"t go"
Shop guy "Was it started & did it run when you bought it?
"C" yes & it ran at home & i cut part of my hedge but now it wont go & this is Mr Smith from fair trading & he's here to see I get a replacement or Cash Return
SG Just a minute & he goes to computer after a few seconds he asks are you Mr Green ? yes replies C SG well in that case you bought it last Tuesday not yesterday you'v had it 5 days not 1 C continues to rant & rave
SG takes off fuel cap & looks with torch & sniffs fuel You've put fuel in it There then follows a load of abuse & denial followed with How would you know if I had which I haven't
SG the stuff in here is like weasel piss C all gas is like weasel piss SG you've straight gassed it C no I haven't you couldn't tell if I had or not SG yes I could co's all our weasels piss blue It' not all fun being a dealer As the conversation got more irate SG said did you read the owners manual to see how much oil needed adding to the fuel as they say in the advert for Master card the look on C"s face Priceless At that point I made my exit thinking to myself would I have been as Sharp in sussing out the problem

When you live as rural as I do your nose /ears/eyes take on all manner of things :blob2::blob2:
Years ago, a friend of a friend ordered a custom knife. The scales were Walrus penis. I told him I thought he had been taken, because it looked like Sea Lion to me. His prim and proper looking wife asked me if I didn't know the difference.

In the local dealers this morning picking up some ordered parts no one else in so was having a 5min chinwag with the front counter guy Door is flung open & irate guy enters with hedge trimmer closely followed by a guy with a brief case i stand back as he aproaches the counter & slams the trimmer on the part of glass top at the end breaking the glass As follows Irate guy "I bought this yesterday & today it won"t go"
Shop guy "Was it started & did it run when you bought it?
"C" yes & it ran at home & i cut part of my hedge but now it wont go & this is Mr Smith from fair trading & he's here to see I get a replacement or Cash Return
SG Just a minute & he goes to computer after a few seconds he asks are you Mr Green ? yes replies C SG well in that case you bought it last Tuesday not yesterday you'v had it 5 days not 1 C continues to rant & rave
SG takes off fuel cap & looks with torch & sniffs fuel You've put fuel in it There then follows a load of abuse & denial followed with How would you know if I had which I haven't
SG the stuff in here is like weasel piss C all gas is like weasel piss SG you've straight gassed it C no I haven't you couldn't tell if I had or not SG yes I could co's all our weasels piss blue It' not all fun being a dealer As the conversation got more irate SG said did you read the owners manual to see how much oil needed adding to the fuel as they say in the advert for Master card the look on C"s face Priceless At that point I made my exit thinking to myself would I have been as Sharp in sussing out the problem

This would have made a great video!

I had a regular customer come in raising hell cause the saw would not run after only a week, straight gassed it , customer says no way, pour some out and still has straight gas in it customer says how did that get in there lol, he buys new saw, gives me the gassed one. Folks are something

Interesting one... As a former Stihl salesman I'd run into these once in while... But there is no excuse for professional courtesy and tactfulness. ("Weasel piss" seriously? ) Also where was the salesman that sold this unit originally? Had he given the general rundown of the unit? Was the customer made aware it is a fuel lubricated engine? Had he tried to upsell him to the double warranty with the synthetic oil? What about moto-mix, the canned, premixed fuel? How bout the battery powered line?
While getting irritated about it and breaking the dealership's counter won't help. I still wonder what kind of salesman this dealership had?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Interesting one... As a former Stihl salesman I'd run into these once in while... But there is no excuse for professional courtesy and tactfulness. ("Weasel piss" seriously? ) Also where was the salesman that sold this unit originally? Had he given the general rundown of the unit? Was the customer made aware it is a fuel lubricated engine? Had he tried to upsell him to the double warranty with the synthetic oil? What about moto-mix, the canned, premixed fuel? How bout the battery powered line?
While getting irritated about it and breaking the dealership's counter won't help. I still wonder what kind of salesman this dealership had?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

There are lots of cowards out there that love to abuse others in order to make themselves feel better or more powerful, but they generally can't do what they wish they could. They are afraid of getting an ass whuppin'. But there are people available out there in public that they feel safe abusing - that's salespeople, waiters, etc. They know that these sales and service people are trained that the customer is always right and to just ignore abusive customers - just try an get the nut job out the door and satisfied so you can wait on the next customer. Fights are bad for business. So the salesperson is fair game for these cowards.

Back