Selling logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can comment on the pulp wood.
I did have a few hoops to jump through with the insurance company when we bought our house. They sent their lacky out to "inspect" the house. He flat out said no coverage because of the wood stove. With some back and forth, and the help of a state certified inspector the "wood stove" was allowed. Any UL listed solid fuel appliance installed in accordance with the mfg recommendations can't be denied.

Camel, I’ve been an Inspector for a couple large insurance companies in Ontario for over 25 years and never heard of such a thing! Burn all the softwood you want. Not much demand around her for pulp wood either.
Don’t have a stove yet getting a wood furnace eventually kinda just spent most of that money I had saved on my step son bought him his first quad.

My insurance company sent out a questionnaire when we finally finished our home [20+ years after starting it we finally reached 99% which qualifies as done}.
That prior 20 years we heated with 2 wood stoves that I installed safely ie: properly distanced from combustibles, non flammable hearth, dual wall insulated chimney but not inspected by a paid pro.
With the house "finished", we upgraded to a gasifying wood boiler with an oil burner back up located in our basement.
The questionnaire asked what the heat source was and I put down oil heat with wood back up and that was the end of discussion.
Vermont is very liberal when it comes to wood heat as we are blessed with an abundance of firewood and many folks here are not in the high income group so wood is a viable go to heating option

Back